First cruise on Carnival

theroos

Will be sailing on our first Carnival cruise in March from Tampa in a cat 12 cabin on the Inspiration. Have cruised many times on NCL Dawn and RCCL VOS. What can we except as far as this ship is (food, service and shows) and how is this cabin compared to the other ships.

They should all be about the same (they all cater to the same demographic). I've found the food and service to be superb, but then I'm certainly not a gourmet and when crewmen are polite, smile and appear to enjoy their job that's always a plus. :)

I've found the production shows absolutely "top notch" , however, the old NCL SEAWARD had terrific shows.

Carnival has some of the largest cabins in the industry (for the price). Have only cruised NCL many years ago and really enjoyed that cruise also, so I actually have little for a comparison. Only complaint, if one could call it that, was the smaller cabins (may not be true today).

Give Carnival a try and tell us what you think. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Hi Roos! I'm pretty much in agreement w/Gary. I don't know why you wouldn't enjoy Carnival. Hey - variety is the spice of life. I cruised NCL and Princess years ago - enjoyed all my cruises, but I've decided Carnival's the way to go, for me.

Carnival has larger cabins than most other lines, and the bathrooms are also roomier, larger showers, etc. The production shows are terrific, fun, and I always leave them feeling happy-happy! (I don't go to the other shows, as I don't care for magicians, comedians, etc.) Just me.

The food on Carnival has never disappointed me, and I'm picky-picky-picky, being a retired F&B director for hotels, as well as a caterer. I will say that I do NOT do buffet food, I prefer to be pampered in the dining room for my meals.;)

As Gary mentioned - the friendly, smiling, eager-to-please staff and crew means a lot to me. I have no complaints about my eight Carnival cruises! Go - and enjoy!

I've been in a cat 12 on the Inspiration. Both times booked a Suite GTY and got the cat 12. The Inspiration is a Fantasy class. This is the "older" style.

The balconies are set into the side of the ship. They hold two chairs and a small table made of white plastic. I heard on other board this is not so on someothers and don't know how they are on NCL. They hold two chairs and a small table made of white plastic.

The rooms are wounderful, nice sitting area with a convertable sofa. They have a fridge and a very roomy bath with shower/jet tub.

I found the food to be the same wounderful food that I've had on all my cruises but the Victory. (But, that ship had a cool balcony for less money:))

I agree with tglrounds the production shows absolutely "top notch". I had three girls in dance and have seen two each on seven cruises so, they are the same to me. But, on the Paradise last cruise they had a new show which was different and wounderful.

The service from the stewerts on this ship in this cat. was great.

You'll have your best cruise ever!

Archived