Gifts to bring back

MultiSync

We will be on the Jewel OTS on Feb 6th for our 3rd cruise. Every year we struggle with what to bring back as gifts for family and friends.

My mother watches our 2 year old, my brother and a friend watch the house and shovel the snow.

We will be in Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Grand Cayman.

Any ideas for interesting, unique and/or appropriate gifts and places to get them?

Key West - I haven't been there but friends have raved about the sandals they got there for reasonable prices.

Grand Cayman - expensive. Maybe rum cakes?

Costa Maya - go into town (Mahahual) and dicker with the vendors for pottery. I got two beautiful pieces for less than the price of what they were asking in Costa Maya itself.

Cozumel - my favorite store is Los Cincos Soles. They have a wide variety of quality items at very reasonable prices.

Guest cruzr44

Ditto on Los Cincos Soles in Cozumel. I was just there and even if you don't really know what to get someone, you will find something there. Beautiful black pottery and vanilla (recommended place to get it by the ship) are just a couple of great gifts. Have the taxi driver drop you off as close to the forum shops as possible. It is near there.

Key West - A Margaritaville souvenir or some Key Lime taffy.

GC - Everybody LOVES the rum cakes, ditto on that too.

We got gifts from the ship for family/friends... with the ship name and sailing date on it (coffee mugs, hats, shot glasses etc). We also picked up some small items from each island. It helped that the people we wanted to buy for also collect things (one collects magnets, one shot glasses, one ornaments, one hats...) you get the point!!!! Good luck and have fun. Isn't it great to go on vacation when it is snowing back home????

A lot of the jewelry stores give out free gifts. I got a free blue topaz stone, and for $15 they put it in a pendant. Nice gift for my son's girlfriend.

Another store gave me a free silver pendant, and another a free silver chain. Nice pendant necklace for the other son's girlfriend.

I got my MIL a nice pair of pink topaz stud earrings that were included in my purchase of another pair of earrings for myself.

We just walked around and checked the free flyer from the ship for the free gifts while I was shopping for my jewelry.

I agree that the straw markets are a good place to pick up bags and sandals.

Also, try the local clothing stores for island scarves and such.

Archived