which jewelery store?

bermudagal56

I bought a ring, bracelet and earrings (multi colored stones, not diamonds) from Signature Jewelers in Havensight Mall. They were really nice, the prices were right and they sized my ring while I was on the Atlantis Submarine. Later in the day I stopped in their store in Charlotte Amalie and bought a matching pendant.

my wife bought a ring from a place called house of diamonds in march. it was a diamond and sapphire with multi colored stones. one stone fell out we thought oh well that can happen if you hit it hard against something or whatever. so we took it to a jeweler to have it repaired and appraised, we had an appraisal when we bought the ring but thought while we are there, turns out the sapphires are all fakes and the diomands are of low quality not even a little bit close to the original appraisal. we called the store and he said he was shocked and checked the rest of his rings to find out they were all fake he said he and the stores around him got them from the same supplier in n.y. city, so he would send us a new ring which would be the same value 3000 dollars. we got a new ring sent back the old ring and everyone is happy. except the appraisal on the new ring is 750 and of low quality. be wary of mom and pop stores turns out it was the wife doing the appraisals.

We've always had really good luck with Cardow. We've bought several pieces from them. We did have trouble with one (an omega) a couple years after we purchased it. We contacted them and they replaced it very quickly. They paid the shipping on both pieces, too! They actually went further than we thought they would to make things right.

Make sure you shop around at home before you buy anything in the Caribbean, though. That's the only way that you'll be able to judge prices.

I have been very happy with Glitters in Havensight Mall. My first purchase with this store was nine years ago and I have always been treated well and have come home to find that my purchases were well worth the money spent. It is a small, family owned business. I agree with doing research on what you want before hand so you will know what a good price is for a specific item.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived