Private tour recommendation for group of 12

dawnrae

Which private tour operator would you recommend for a group of 12 (7 adults and 5 kids)? Looking at Dunn River Falls and Tubing as primary options. Interested in hearing from others that have had a group this size and how they were accomodated. Which ones use a vehicle large enough for everyone? Possibilty of having our own private group? Special pricing for group?

Thanks

Dawnrae

Which private tour operator would you recommend for a group of 12 (7 adults and 5 kids)? Looking at Dunn River Falls and Tubing as primary options. Interested in hearing from others that have had a group this size and how they were accomodated. Which ones use a vehicle large enough for everyone? Possibilty of having our own private group? Special pricing for group?

Thanks

Dawnrae

You can Try Booking with ochoriostoursja.com they have a shuttle tour ($10pp round trip transportation). They drop you off at the falls with a agreed pickup tome. Also fee to the falls is around $15pp. You can also do some shopping at Jimmy Buffett`s : Margaritaville . Tubing cost 20pp to go down the river for about 45 mins.

I have used Belinda from A-Zjamaicaplanners.com;

http://www.a-zjamaicaplanners.com/orcruise.htm

She will work with you to tailor what you would like to see with your group and quote you a per person group rate. Also consider a lunch at the Ruins. It is very calming, tropical and a good variety of food to please all.

I am working with her for our 2010 port visit.

Bon Voyage,

Nanatravel

We used Lee's tours (look them up especially on the tripadvisor board) and had excellent service! Used them many days during a land trip and then again on a 1 day cruise stop. They're based in Ocho Rios... Large vans, clean, cool, comfortable, family operated and professional!!!

We just returned from Jamaica and had an EXCELLENT guide for the day - Marva Shaw. Here's my review with details:

JAMAICA PORT: 1st time here and we booked a guide for the day which was our best decision. Marva Shaw of knowjamaica.com is reputable and spoken of in many reviews - her son, Javier, did a fabulous job of providing very personal service. I requested specific cultural experiences and that's exactly what we got. We escaped the crowds at Dunns and went where the locals go to Hidden Falls where you can explore on your own. We stopped at a roadside vendor and sampled sugar cane, breadfruit, jackfruit and coconut. We learned about the indigenous spices from Carl, known as the Rastafarian Spice Man who lives in a hut on the road to Fern Gully. Then we had a lobster lunch at Lobster Dave's at Fisherman’s Beach, where you can choose your lunch from the catch of the day and have it prepared on the spot. Lobster Dave himself prepared our meal (after some bartering down to $10 pp), he cooked up lobster, fried plantains and breadfruit and conch. It was quite good. Then Javier found someone to hook us up with waverunners (they picked us up right at Fisherman's Beach) and my 15 yr old son even got to ride alone since he was experienced. We headed to a mountaintop for some great photos, then dropped in an elementary school (Pineapple Place) to take pictures with the children, who love to see their photo on your digital camera. We brought some gifts for the children and the principal was SO appreciative (she said they need school supplies and learning/assembly games like Legos the most). Javier knows everyone so we were not bothered by anyone and he made a point to take care of us. He stopped frequently to show us interesting things like the local car wash (a river) and picked up my camera many times to get pics of me with my boys. Marva checked in by phone to see that all was well during our day, and Javier went out of his way to ensure we were having a good time. This day was so much better than we expected - what we saw and our personal safety was easily the best $35/pp spent during our vacation.

Archived