Mariner tiles on Volendam

SarasMommy

I was on the Volendam April 4 to 18, sailing from Singapore to Hong Kong. The day before disembarking we received a letter in our cabin advising us that the order for the mariner tiles for our cruise had not come in, and they would be mailed to our home at a later date. We still have not seen them yet. Did anyone else on this sailing receive a similar letter, and if so, have you received your tiles yet?

We were on the previous leg -- Sydney to Singapore, March 19 to April 4. We got our tiles on that leg. Having read too many posts about this extended cruise, it seems as if a lot things must have gone downhill after Singapore including the supply of tiles.

We got that letter on Ryndam in FEB. After about a month and half upon the conclusion of that cruise, still nada in the mail so I called HAL Ships's Services. The guy I talked to gave us a choice of what he had in stock. They were delivered within four days after that call.

We got that letter on Ryndam in FEB. After about a month and half upon the conclusion of that cruise, still nada in the mail so I called HAL Ships's Services. The guy I talked to gave us a choice of what he had in stock. They were delivered within four days after that call.

Were they specific to your ship? Just after I posted here on CC, I sent HAL an e-mail inquiring about the tiles.

Now that I think about it, I seem to remember somebody on CC mentioning an issue with the manufacturer, like a contract expiry or something. I will try to do some research (not tonight, though - long day at work, kind of tired! :D).

I bet you guys have enough tiles to do a whole room re-model, Copperoozies...:rolleyes: When's your next cruise? We didn't go on our winter trip this year...two graduatios...high school and college. I can't wait for our next cruise, though. I'm hoping we can try the Eurodam this winter.:) I was just looking at our tiles last week and dreaming a little...

Were they specific to your ship? Just after I posted here on CC, I sent HAL an e-mail inquiring about the tiles.

Now that I think about it, I seem to remember somebody on CC mentioning an issue with the manufacturer, like a contract expiry or something. I will try to do some research (not tonight, though - long day at work, kind of tired! :D).

Nope, they haven't been ship-specific for three years - They are all replicas of old HAL posters now, four different 'scenes' per year

http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action

I bet you guys have enough tiles to do a whole room re-model, Copperoozies...:rolleyes: When's your next cruise? We didn't go on our winter trip this year...two graduatios...high school and college. I can't wait for our next cruise, though. I'm hoping we can try the Eurodam this winter.:) I was just looking at our tiles last week and dreaming a little...

Evenin' Alcirita! Congrats on the graduates - How 'bout New Years on the Westerdam out of FLL?;)

Like these:

NewYork.jpg

funnel.jpg

Wow, those are nice. I especially like the first one.

Nope, they haven't been ship-specific for three years - They are all replicas of old HAL posters now, four different 'scenes' per year

http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action

I just checked the tile from our '07 cruise, and it was still of the ship we were on, the Statendam. I guess they were in the process of changing around then. Thanks for the info - now I'll wait to see if I get a response from HAL.

Archived