OBC if you book by August?

patterson3

I apologize if this has been covered ad nauseous but is it true if you book a 2011 cruise by August you get a $100 OBC? Does it mater which stateroom you choose?

Thank you in advance.

I don't think $100 is much of a deal. :rolleyes: And to book so far out, even if you CAN cancel...you're looking at 2011?

You can get great OBC's just dealing with a large TA that books in massive numbers. We got an automatic $500 OBC when we booked our Med cruise, as well as the lowest price at that time. Plus the cruise has dropped a thousand for each of us since booking.

Our TA reduced our on board credit when the price came down considerably for our med cruise. He said that the OBC is based on a percentage of their commission which fluctuates with the price of the cruise. Were you lucky enough to keep the original quoted OBC?

We began with the $500 OBC. It did drop to $400 when the cruise price dropped $1,000 for the two of us back in 2008. But since then our OBC has remained at $400 and the invoice is down twice more at minus $2,000 now. So we are still way ahead. Yes, the OBC can change as you said. Depending on the TA too.

But offering only a $100 OBC like the OP siad would not make me book with anyone this early.:)

PS We'll be on the Summit Med for 12 days in Early Sept.

I apologize if this has been covered ad nauseous but is it true if you book a 2011 cruise by August you get a $100 OBC? Does it mater which stateroom you choose?

Thank you in advance.

I agree that $100 isn't enough to tie yourself to a travel agency with the cruise so far away. I booked my September cruise 15 months out directly with Celebrity. Just a couple of weeks ago I started shopping for travel agencies that would give me OBC to transfer the booking to them. I waited until I didn't think I would get anymore price drops (I had received 2) and made sure I had the cabin that I wanted, etc. so that I wouldn't need any changes and then transferred to the agent that offered me the best deal before my final payment was due.

I ended up with $550 OBC and one of the Celebrity Coupon Books. If you get a better deal from one agent but want to go with another just ask if they will match your best deal. In this situation they have nothing to lose as they will have earned commission on your booking with no work on their part so it is a win-win situation for both of you.

I agree that $100 isn't enough to tie yourself to a travel agency with the cruise so far away. I booked my September cruise 15 months out directly with Celebrity. Just a couple of weeks ago I started shopping for travel agencies that would give me OBC to transfer the booking to them. I waited until I didn't think I would get anymore price drops (I had received 2) and made sure I had the cabin that I wanted, etc. so that I wouldn't need any changes and then transferred to the agent that offered me the best deal before my final payment was due.

I ended up with $550 OBC and one of the Celebrity Coupon Books. If you get a better deal from one agent but want to go with another just ask if they will match your best deal. In this situation they have nothing to lose as they will have earned commission on your booking with no work on their part so it is a win-win situation for both of you.

Thanks to everyone for the input. Pardon my ignorance, but once you've booked thru Celebrity directly how do you transfer that booking to a TA to gain the extras?

Thanks to everyone for the input. Pardon my ignorance, but once you've booked thru Celebrity directly how do you transfer that booking to a TA to gain the extras?

There is a Celebrity Booking Transfer form. You put your booking number and the Travel Agency Info and fax it to Celebrity. The TA can get the form to you or you can have someone at Celebrity email it to you.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

This this the Email that I received from X on 05/14/09. I hope this is the info that you're want.

Cheers,

logo.gifIf you have images disabled or have trouble viewing this message, please click here or visit:

http://enews.celebrity.com/e/?e=qplcpmuGam8&w=qpwoepZln4-lskfa&slid=qpwoeeuGam8

main_img.jpgbtn_view.jpgbtn_website.jpgbtn_forward.jpg

Dear Mr X,

This is the first release of our new 2010/2011 Caribbean itineraries, and like you, we're excited to set sail to some gorgeous destinations. And as a special bonus for booking before July 30th, we're offering up to $100 onboard credit.. $50 credit for up to 6 nights

. $100 credit for 7 nights or morePlan your getaway to the Caribbean, where sand, sun, and sea rejuvenate those who visit. With Celebrity Cruises, you know you'll enjoy an unmatched level of personal service, fine dining, and onboard entertainment.

Enjoy up to $100 onboard credit per stateroom when you book by July 30, 2009.Call 1-888-305-9153, contact your local travel agent, or visit CelebrityCruises.com

If you wish to change your preferences or opt to be excluded from future commercial emails from Celebrity Cruises click here or visit: http://rccl.bridgetrack.com/OptOut/default.htm

Onboard credit offer applies to Caribbean sailings on Celebrity Century, departing May 3, 2010 - April 25, 2011 and Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Mercury, Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Summit departing October 11, 2010 - April 24, 2011 (excluding Celebrity Summit October 24, 2010 sailing), subject to availability, and is valid only for new individual and group bookings named and deposited April 23, 2009 - July 30, 2009.

Onboard credit is $50 USD maximum per stateroom for cruises up to 6 nights and $100 USD maximum per stateroom for cruises 7 nights or longer; singles paying 200% receive full value.

Offer is not combinable with any other savings or onboard credit offer. Onboard credit is not redeemable for cash and any unused amounts will expire at 10 P.M. on the last night of the cruise. Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy, interior stateroom, in USD, subject to change without notice. Other terms and conditions apply.

©2009 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships' registry: Malta and Ecuador.

We hope you enjoyed this email from

Celebrity Cruises Inc.

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

www.celebritycruises.com

Privacy Policy

spacer.gif

Generally, large internet cruise booking agencies can offer OBC's that smaller agencies can't, due to the huge numbers of cruises they book. They often have rooms held at a group price which they'll pass on to you too.

Another thing that will help is if you stick to an agency once you have used them once and been happy. Loyalty plays a big role in getting a great deal. Our agent will match anything I find anywhere and then beat it by at least 100$. It's her way of saying, "thanks and keep working with me". If travelers jump around not giving their agent a chance to match lowest pricing, you won't get the service and feel the confidence from having a "regular" agent.

I would give up on any agent that thinks a bottle of wine is a great Perk. You can carry your own onboard! With the ships begging for people to fill staterooms, an agent should be able to do much better.

Generally, large internet cruise booking agencies can offer OBC's that smaller agencies can't, due to the huge numbers of cruises they book. They often have rooms held at a group price which they'll pass on to you too.

Don't fail to check with smaller agencies as well though as my best deal for OBC came from a small brick and mortar agency rather than a huge internet based agency.

Can you combine offers? For instance- if I book before 7/31 to get the $100 OBC through Celebrity can I than later transfer my booking to a TA for more OBC or will I lose the $100 from Celebrity upon tranferring the booking?

Don't fail to check with smaller agencies as well though as my best deal for OBC came from a small brick and mortar agency rather than a huge internet based agency.

Yes, I agree especially if it is a cruise specialty agency. Used one of those for 5 or 6 years until they went general booking. Then they seemed to lose the "in" with the cruiselines we used. And their pricing became more inflexable. If a smaller agency is willing to match the "big boys", I'd go with them for sure.

Can you combine offers? For instance- if I book before 7/31 to get the $100 OBC through Celebrity can I than later transfer my booking to a TA for more OBC or will I lose the $100 from Celebrity upon tranferring the booking?

I would like to know this too. also does celebrity ever have a reduced deposit special?

Archived