Calling cards at Legend ports-Coz. G.C. Belize Roatan

Has anyone purchased/used calling cards in these ports? Will need to make 1 or 2 brief calls in each port and wanted to know if anyone recently purchased a calling card and where you used it in these ports. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Iv used the internet cafes in every one of these ports, usually I just get on the internet though. Many internet cafes also have phones you can pay for by the minute. Thats all I do is use the phone in the internet cafe. I havent had any luck using a American purchased phone card calling from there to the U.S. Seems like I have paid no more than 2 or 3 minutes for $1 rate from using their phone and it is better than standing at a pay phone to me for how long I talk.

In order to use a calling card purchased in US, you have to be able to call a 1-800 number toll free to use the card.

On most foreign phones, that is not possible, therefore the cards will not work !

Those cards are designed to call from the US to a foreign location, not the other way around.

Read the fine print on the cards.

I would just use the Internet or a phone by the minute in an Internet Cafe.

I usually just email home about every other day, the docs have an emergency number in order to get ahold of you if there is a true emergency at home.

I myself would not want to take my time up in port by trying to mess with a calling card, of course that is JMO.

Internet you can drop a quick note (compose offline and it doesn't take all your minutes) and then check back in a day or two for reply.

Good luck whichever you decide. BTW loved that itenerary!!!

Carole

Archived