if there is an emergency at home?

pammycakes

When I leave I always leave the most information possible. So ship name, date leaving/returning, port leaving from, room number, what port you are in from what times, etc. If there is an emergency they can call carnival and tell them the ship you are on, etc and that you need to be contacted. I'm sure room number, etc would be useful as well for them to have. There might be an actual emergency number but I'm positive if in case of an emergency you call the normal 1888Carnival they will be more than happy to direct the call to the appropriate place, that's the number I've left with family.

Happy Sailing : )

Although I have never used it, there are internet services on board ship.

I'm glad you asked this. There is a phone number your mother can call for a fee. The Carnival brochure books used to have this info in the back, but I could not find it. I found the info on the website under FAQ's. Here is what it said:

Can I receive phone calls onboard?

Friends and family may call guests onboard via Maritime Telecommunications Network (MTN) Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard - Visa - American Express - The Discover Card - Diner's Club. 1-877 CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) from the U.S. 1-732-335-3284 from Canada and outside the U.S.

I had to contact my boss once while he was on a cruise. I called Carnival's 1-800 number told them about the emergency and they patched me through to the ship. All I had was the ship's name. Later when he got back he told me they paged him and his wife to call the purser's desk.

Also for my last 4 cruises my cellphone has always had service.

How would someone get ahold of you while you are on a cruise? I am booked on the victory in July. (my mom is freaking out about how to get ahold of me in the event of an emergency

If you have a great PVP, give your loved ones the phone number of your PVP while you're gone. Our PVP knows our relatives have her number and if something happens, they will be calling.

From CCL FAQ's:

Friends and family may call guests onboard via Maritime Telecommunications Network shore-to-ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the US; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the US. The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the callers credit card. 1-877-225-7447 from the US or 1-732-335-3284 from Canada and outside the US.

Although I have never used it, there are internet services on board ship.

I'm glad you asked this. There is a phone number your mother can call for a fee. The Carnival brochure books used to have this info in the back, but I could not find it. I found the info on the website under FAQ's. Here is what it said:

Can I receive phone calls onboard?

Friends and family may call guests onboard via Maritime Telecommunications Network (MTN) Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard - Visa - American Express - The Discover Card - Diner's Club. 1-877 CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) from the U.S. 1-732-335-3284 from Canada and outside the U.S.

exactly, it used to be on the docs but with the new electronic I couldn't find it last cruise, but I emailed it home as soon as I got on the spirit in Feb.

The Maritime # is what I leave for my parents when they have the kids. It's expensive but in the event of an emergency it would be worth it. Never thought about them just calling the free carnival #. I'll add that to my list of #'s for them.

Last Nov. while on Carnival Miracle, my nephew was killed back in the states. My family back home called to 1-800 # on the Carnival website (Miami corporate office) and gave our names and they were able to look up our info and called the ship with the information. We were in St. Lucia that day and when we went to get make on the ship, I handed my S&S card which they scanned in there machine, and I was then pulled off to the side and told I needed to go to the pursers desk immediately. Upon arriving at the pursers desk, they took me into the back communication room and explained I had received an emergency call and they put the call through back home for me. They did an amazing job of handling the situation and also told me to feel free to come back for more phone calls if needed (which I did one time). We were never charged for this on the ship or the call from home to corporate. They didn't have to put these calls through for me at no cost but they did and I will be forever thankful for there kindness.

Makes sure you clarify what constitutes an "EMERGENCY". My elderly Mother would cat-sit one of my cats while I was cruising. The cat was getting elderly as well, so when Mom asked how she would get a hold of me if an "EMERGENCY" arose, I asked what kind of "EMERGENCY" she would need to call me about? You guessed it, what if something happened to my cat.

We went with a huge group on a cruise a few years ago. The first full sea day, my sister in law received a message that she needed to call home ASAP. Her son was in a bad car accident. Carnival was so generous. They let her make tons of phone calls ( no charge) even told her that if she needed to get back home they would pay for her to fly back. She kept in close contact with the hospital. Her son ended up doing really well, so they stayed on the ship. I really don't think she had that great of a time knowing her son was back home in the hospital ( he was 25 at the time), but she was ever so thankful that Carnival made everything easier for her. She got to call back home all week and Carnival never charged her a dime.

How would someone get ahold of you while you are on a cruise? I am booked on the victory in July. (my mom is freaking out about how to get ahold of me in the event of an emergency

Pammy, I brought my cell phone and kept it charged and in my cabin turned on in case my dd needed to get hold of us. When we returned to the cabin I would just need to look at the screen to see if we missed a call, I found this the most convenient way to keep the lines of communication open back home. :)

Makes sure you clarify what constitutes an "EMERGENCY". My elderly Mother would cat-sit one of my cats while I was cruising. The cat was getting elderly as well, so when Mom asked how she would get a hold of me if an "EMERGENCY" arose, I asked what kind of "EMERGENCY" she would need to call me about? You guessed it, what if something happened to my cat.

LOL Sir Randy, I am a complete FREAK about my dogs and when my parents doggie sit for us when we cruise I always spell out "do not call if a dog dies, if they are sick, take em to the vet and pay whatever you need to if they can make them well, we'll pay you back when we get home but do NOT call if they die"

I couldn't do anything about a departed much loved pet and can deal with it when I get home. But I want the best vet care money can buy, so I make sure we are clear before we leave on what they should do.

Carole

cell phones work great especially if you have att cell carnival has a satellite boosty or something. my DW usually racks up about $ 150.00 each trip in additional fees usually about 1 hour worth on 7 days. she likes to keep in touch with home never more than 2 days between calls

I always print-out our itn. and give a copy to my Sons before we sail. They will know where we are each day and all the info they need to call CCL to reach me in case of an emergency.

Luv's Crusin'

Archived