Thomson Celebration Cabin Query

Hi,

We are going on our first cruise at the end of July, and are really excited! :DWe are doing the Adriatic Explorer and we have booked an outside cabin towards the middle of the 2nd deck.

My query concerns engine noise. Will I need ear plugs to sleep at night? Is there much vibration?

Thanks for your help!

Hi there

We have just returned from this cruise- do read my posts on the ports of call.

I noticed a lot of vibration when I was sat in the show lounge on deck 5 where I was sat quivering all the time,like I'd got 'the shakes', but I got used to it!

We were on deck 4 outside cabin, and to be honest i didn't feel any vibration.I spoke to a lady on deck 1 who claimed that she couldn't sleep because of the engine noise.So take your earplugs and have plenty to drink lol.

Flopsy

Midships Deck 2 is fine - there's a slight background 'hum' but nothing much at all - sometimes you can get this from 'Service Rooms' (perhaps with aircon machinery? whatever). We've had midships outside on Deck 1, midships inside on Deck 2 and Deck 3 all of which we we've been perfectly happy with.

We had mid ships deck 2 and although there is a bit of hum it was not too bad and i am a light sleeper.The worst areas tend to be astern ,ie Braoadway lounge and particularly the Lido restaurant :)

Archived