Brian David Bruns(Cruise Confidential) blogs about Cruise Critic on FaceBook!

tammi0916

The Author of Cruise Confidential bogs about us on Facebook! Here is what he said:

Brian David Bruns

Thanks for selling out entire edition of Cruise Confidential!

What a rush for me. I have discovered the phenomenally large and phenomenally pro-active members of Cruise Critic. Apparently they has already discovered me, because when they began discussing Cruise Confidential on their boards, the sales went through the roof...

Very cool! He seems like such a nice guy! :D

His book is also available on Kindle, if it is correct that the paper version is currently sold out. I love my Amazon Kindle!

Sorry to be off topic, but I'm getting a kindle (a gift that hasn't arrived yet) and when my daughter told me she had ordered it, I didn't know what she was talking about! It's a computer of some sort onto which you can download books, right? What about Magazines? I'm having a hard time imagining reading a novel off a computer screen. Can I adjust the font so I don't have to use reading glasses?

Back on topic, I guess I'll download Cruise Confidential as my first read!

I borrowed a copy of Cruise Confidential from my public library. If yours doesn't have a copy (mine didn't either) ask at the desk if they participate in 'inter-library loans". My copy came from a library in Corpus Christi, TX and my daughter is going to read it before we take it back (to the local Lib, who will send it to CC,TX)

Kindle is an electronic book where you download books for $9.99 onto the device, and you're off an reading. It's very thin, and I believe you can adjust the font size. The Kindle 2 has a special anti-glare screen so you can read in the sun as well. It is supposed to cut down on cost and space for avid readers. Although the price is still extremely steep at $359, if you're always buying new books at over $20/book, the cost of the kindle, plus the $9.99 for books, may save you money in the long run. But, you can't share books with friends, or trade them in at the used book store. To each his own.

Sorry to be off topic, but I'm getting a kindle (a gift that hasn't arrived yet) and when my daughter told me she had ordered it, I didn't know what she was talking about! It's a computer of some sort onto which you can download books, right? What about Magazines? I'm having a hard time imagining reading a novel off a computer screen. Can I adjust the font so I don't have to use reading glasses?

Back on topic, I guess I'll download Cruise Confidential as my first read!

You can download magazines as well as books (and newspapers, and blogs), and yes, you can adjust the font sizes. It's not the same as reading off a computer screen, it uses a technology called E-ink that makes it look just like a piece of paper (ie: no backlighting, no glare), much easier to read than a computer screen.

You can download magazines as well as books (and newspapers, and blogs), and yes, you can adjust the font sizes. It's not the same as reading off a computer screen, it uses a technology called E-ink that makes it look just like a piece of paper (ie: no backlighting, no glare), much easier to read than a computer screen.

Thanks, guys. I just went and researched the Kindle. I'm getting the new Kindle DX, which is supposed to be really cool. The only thing I am wary about is that it looks quite a bit bigger than the other Kindles. Hopefully it won't be an inconvenience. As I said, my daughter selected it for me, so I had no input, but in any case, I'm excited to receive it soon! My husband gets frustrated with me and all my books. We get our bookcases cleared out and then I just fill them up again. This should make him very happy as well, lol.

Kindle is an electronic book where you download books for $9.99 onto the device, and you're off an reading. It's very thin, and I believe you can adjust the font size. The Kindle 2 has a special anti-glare screen so you can read in the sun as well. It is supposed to cut down on cost and space for avid readers. Although the price is still extremely steep at $359, if you're always buying new books at over $20/book, the cost of the kindle, plus the $9.99 for books, may save you money in the long run. But, you can't share books with friends, or trade them in at the used book store. To each his own.

It looks like a great gadget, but I love the feel of an actual book. I get all of my books from the public library, so a Kindle wouldn't save me any money!:)

Sorry OP for the hijacking.

The DX is 2.5 times the size of the kindle2. I own the kindle 2 and bought the Cruise Confidential as soon as I read about it here. I finished it in 2 days. When I first received the kindle, I read 4 books in about 1.5 weeks...I haven't done that since before kids were born except on vacation.

I LOVE IT. It fits in my purse or carryon very easily. It weighs significantly less than a paperback, it is easy to work and to download books. A number of the books I have gotten were free or nearly free. I have not paid more than the $9.99 but there are quite a few that are more - mostly reference books.

Did I mention I LOVE MY KINDLE? Enjoy it.

Oh, AS IF you people have never made a typo. :rolleyes: I know I've made my share and more!

I think it was very nice of Brian to mention CC in his blog and to thank us for helping with the sale of his books. He seems like a real down to earth kind of guy. Brian, if you're reading this....

WRITE THE SEQUEL - WRITE THE SEQUEL - WRITE THE SEQUEL - WRITE THE SEQUEL (Subliminal messaging....)

Hey Kindle lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it a pain, though, when you want to flip back a few pages to remind yourself of something because you're over 40 and tend to keep thinking, "Who the hell is this character? I have to go find where I first met him..."

Archived