aM I A fOOL???

jdlowndes

I have a cruise planned! "Dream Catchers" on February 20, 2010; Jennifer and I were in Daphne, AL (East side of Mobile bay) this weekend and the Holiday was in Mobile on Saturday. I just had to see her! So i drove all the way across the bay (15-20 min drive) just to catch a glimpse of her and then drive right back where i came from to go to Orange beach for the day. With all that said, the view (possibly my last view of the Holiday, before retirment) made my cruise fever and jennifer's cruise fever go through the roof!

So the question is, am I a fool for putting myself through that? HAHAHAHA

Nah, you are not a fool by any means!!! I would have done the same thing!! Last time I looked at the Holidays sailings there were plenty of cheap rooms left. they even do a few 4 day sailings!

Happy Sails!!!

Edited to say, I noticed your signature. You an Ole Miss fan?

I have a cruise planned! "Dream Catchers" on February 20, 2010; Jennifer and I were in Daphne, AL (East side of Mobile bay) this weekend and the Holiday was in Mobile on Saturday. I just had to see her! So i drove all the way across the bay (15-20 min drive) just to catch a glimpse of her and then drive right back where i came from to go to Orange beach for the day. With all that said, the view (possibly my last view of the Holiday, before retirment) made my cruise fever and jennifer's cruise fever go through the roof!

I've done that before. When the Queen Mary 2 was arriving in NYC for

the first time. I woke up at 2am and drive two hours into Manhattan

in dense fog, just so I can be at Battery Park at 6 am to see her arrive.

Even though I was sailing on her three days later. No one was stopping

me from doing that.

Listen, you made a huge mistake! :p

That is kinda what happened to us. We had a land vacation planned...one sunny day we decided to go into Portland (ME) and spend a Sunday afternoon, when Lo and Behold, there was an RCI ship docked at the port.

We stood there, drooling for at least an hour, watching people come and go from the ship.

By the time we left Portland, we were sick with withdrawal...shaking, cold sweats, feeling totally miserable ;)

We talked to our friends who we were going to (land) vacation with, and talked them OUT of going to the Outer Banks and on a cruise instead. We all wound up on The Miracle.

Our friends then became cruise addicts as well. Now, 5 years later we'll be on the Miracle again...with 40 people this time. We've had many cruises in between these 2 Miracle sailings.

All because we saw the frickin ship at the port :rolleyes:

I've done that before. When the Queen Mary 2 was arriving in NYC for

the first time. I woke up at 2am and drive two hours into Manhattan

in dense fog, just so I can be at Battery Park at 6 am to see her arrive.

Even though I was sailing on her three days later. No one was stopping

me from doing that.

LOL...we aare all pretty messed up aren't we??? :p

Nah, i have sailed on the Holiday once and that was enough for me... Great crew but the Holiday was just not for me. Really looking forward to seeing the Fantasy take the place in Mobile.

Yes, i know some people love the holiday and I am not saying anything bad about it, it was just not for me and my wife.

I can't wait till the Dream cruise!

LOL No, but you are preaching to the choir here. :) We are cruise addicts for the most part and most would do the same.

I have driven to Boston, New London, Newport, etc to see ships in port. It does put the cruise fever in overdrive for sure! Good thing I have a more pragmatic husband who doesn't let me get in over my head! I dont' know what would happen if he was as addicted as I am. :D

Archived