A little dental help, pls....

jpcruiseguy

I have in my hand right now a product that we always take "just in case". It's called DENTEMP. It repairs both loose crowns/caps & lost fillings. I got mine at Walmart in the aisle where the tooth brushes & tooth paste are located. Wouldn't leave home without it!!

I don't remember the name of the products, but at Walgreen I bought a product that will secure loose caps & crowns and also one that replaces lost fillings. I'm sure the sales person would be able to help you there. I keep the box in my emergency kit, along with an eyeglass repair kit (with screw and screwdriver).

Garry

My Temperin kit which came from Walgreens is a little square plastic box about the size of a pack of cigarettes if you squared it off. It has the crown and cap deal plus the lost filling part. I think it was $5.95. At the WalMart here all I could find was the parts and I like the little case 'cause it keeps everything together and handy!

If you are in good dental health, the odds of something happening are slim. If there is a problem now, get it looked at before you leave. If you are in the midst of dental treatment, ask your dentist if he/she would recommend a temporary material.

Otherwise, have a good time.

smdubowsky, (DMD)

Don't know if it will help but my dentist gave me some red wax to put on my teeth if I had a problem . It will get you by for a few days. I have used it and it was not so bad. All I did was to put it on a broken tooth till I could get to his office. I will have it with me in Feb when I go for 2 weeks.

Just days before our sailing on the Millie, I noticed a crack down one of my front teeth. My dentist was reluctant to do anything at that point because he felt that it could possibly result in a root canal. Not what you're hoping for before a vacation. We elected to do nothing until my return. Just in case the tooth cracked or chipped while away, he told me to take a tube of Sensodyne toothpaste and rub it right into the tooth (do NOT rinse it off) and cover it with a small amount of dental wax used for braces. Luckily I didn't need to use it but I now take these two products along as part of my standard carry on items.

Beth

Archived