Thanks AKSusan and Yukon

Northern Light

Just want to say thank you, Susan, for recommending Turnagain Arm for something to do when we were in Anchorage. We rented a vehicle and spent a glorious morning on a beautiful warm day, exploring Turnagain and later other parts around Anchorage. My DH also says thank you as he hadn't considered this option and was thrilled to bits with the drive. We both quite liked the Archorage area and would like to return some day.

Yukon, we took the motorcoach to Carcross and back to Fraser before boarding the train to travel thru White Pass. We felt this option was the best for us and we were not disappointed. You told me that we wouldn't miss anything by doing it this way instead of sightseeing just via the train. The scenery was just so glorious that it would bring tears to my eyes. We even got to see Emerald Lake which is so very beautiful. I loved our visit to the Yukon and really hope we can return there some day to explore it further on our own. It was super to connect with that part of our great country.

I can now understand why cruisers return to Alaska time after time. It really revitalizes the spirit.

Sandy:)

I can now understand why cruisers return to Alaska time after time. It really revitalizes the spirit.

Amen to that, Sandy! My first visit to the North in 1985 was all it took to convince me that I needed to live here - I've never regretted that decision. I hope that everyone has as good a trip as you had :)

Murray

Just want to say thank you, Susan, for recommending Turnagain Arm for something to do when we were in Anchorage. We rented a vehicle and spent a glorious morning on a beautiful warm day, exploring Turnagain and later other parts around Anchorage. My DH also says thank you as he hadn't considered this option and was thrilled to bits with the drive. We both quite liked the Archorage area and would like to return some day.

Yukon, we took the motorcoach to Carcross and back to Fraser before boarding the train to travel thru White Pass. We felt this option was the best for us and we were not disappointed. You told me that we wouldn't miss anything by doing it this way instead of sightseeing just via the train. The scenery was just so glorious that it would bring tears to my eyes. We even got to see Emerald Lake which is so very beautiful. I loved our visit to the Yukon and really hope we can return there some day to explore it further on our own. It was super to connect with that part of our great country.

Sandy:)

Sandy,

You're quite welcome and I'm so happy that you liked Turnagain Arm and my home town.

I was fortunate to live here twice before as a military dependent and I knew once I left here to go Outside (Dad retired to Southern Illinois) to go to college I would be back and sure enough I graduated May 6, 1983 and was on a plane June 6, 1983. Came up to be in some friends wedding, got a job and stayed and just realized I've started my 27th year back here three days ago:D

Always love to hear that you'll consider coming back.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived