Island Princess - rooms in back of ship ???

sweetlouise

On the Island Princess, how are rooms in the rear of the ship? We are trying to schedule a trip for the summer with our kids (we have a hold on a Celebrity cruise 7/31 but it's more than we want to spend so we're backing out). There is a mini suite on either Emerald or Dolphin deck (no balcony) on Island Princess, but it's almost to the very back of the ship. We have always had our rooms in mid-ship but our agent found a mini suite on Princess that would be almost $2,000 less for the trip but I'm concerned about how the rear of the ship is. I definately don't want front (she found a mini suite there, too, but with a balcony).

Any feedback would be appreciated. T hanks.

Simmy :-)

On the Island Princess, how are rooms in the rear of the ship? We are trying to schedule a trip for the summer with our kids (we have a hold on a Celebrity cruise 7/31 but it's more than we want to spend so we're backing out). There is a mini suite on either Emerald or Dolphin deck (no balcony) on Island Princess, but it's almost to the very back of the ship. We have always had our rooms in mid-ship but our agent found a mini suite on Princess that would be almost $2,000 less for the trip but I'm concerned about how the rear of the ship is. I definately don't want front (she found a mini suite there, too, but with a balcony).

Any feedback would be appreciated. T hanks.

If I remember correctly,all the minis without balconys are in the front of the ship.

Oh, the balcony isn't the problem. I was worried more about how the rooms are as far as noise (is it louder at the back?) or more movement? I don't want front because of movement.

Front or back will probably have the same motion. Alot depends on the weather as far as movement goes.

We stayed way forward (D202) on the Crown and didn't have any problem with movement or noise. Of course the Crown is larger than the Island.

In the rear I would think you might feel or hear the thrusters when docking.

Archived