Downtown Mobile Hotel Info

Tay-we

After hours of research here at Cruise Critic and on the web this is the best deal I found for a Park & Cruise Package in Downtown Mobile. Just booked it for our upcoming cruise. Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel, Park & Cruise Package - $119.00 plus tax, includes deluxe accommodations for one night, complimentary parking in hotel garage for duration of cruise, complimentary shuttle service to and from cruise terminal.

After hours of research here at Cruise Critic and on the web this is the best deal I found for a Park & Cruise Package in Downtown Mobile. Just booked it for our upcoming cruise. Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel, Park & Cruise Package - $119.00 plus tax, includes deluxe accommodations for one night, complimentary parking in hotel garage for duration of cruise, complimentary shuttle service to and from cruise terminal.

FYI - that is a very nice choice - The hotel is very nice and the parking gargage is a multi-level one so your vehicle is not in the sun, weather, etc. I park in it daily as my office is directly across the street from it. If you are looking for food that is close, there is a Quiznos in the Hampton Inn across the street and if you walk North down Royal St. and take a left on Dauphin you will find several blocks with some bar/grill type restaurants as well.

We will be on that sailing also. Been looking for cruise packages and this is best I've seen so far. Thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who has added to this thread. It's been very helpful!

I just called the Renaissance and they quoted me $119 for the park and cruise package as well (one night, July 31, 2009). We need 2 rooms, but just one parking space and when I asked how much a room without the parking would cost, she told me $149 per night! So, it's cheaper to book all the rooms as park and cruise even if you don't need all the parking spaces.

I also called the Hampton Inn. The link above said park and cruise was 119.00, but she qouted me 129.00. They don't have a complimentary shuttle to the ship, but they arrange it for you and it's $5 per person. She also told me it was cheaper to book 2 park and cruise rates than having one room without it. Funny!

Still haven't made a decision yet. Hotwire has a 2 star in the Saraland area for $49 per night with complimentary breakfast. We won't be getting to Mobile until midnight, so we may end up going with that and parking at the port. All together, that's the cheapest right now.

Still haven't made a decision yet. Hotwire has a 2 star in the Saraland area for $49 per night with complimentary breakfast. We won't be getting to Mobile until midnight, so we may end up going with that and parking at the port. All together, that's the cheapest right now.

You might want to check out any hotel on TripAdvisor before booking one in Saraland - especially if they are $49 per night. I would check the parking rate at the parking garage for those nights as you might be better off with the $119 rate and the Riverview is a very nice upper class hotel for that rate. It approx. 1/2 mile from the cruise terminal and you should be able to ask for a room with a view of the port.

• 2 weeks later...
You might want to check out any hotel on TripAdvisor before booking one in Saraland - especially if they are $49 per night. I would check the parking rate at the parking garage for those nights as you might be better off with the $119 rate and the Riverview is a very nice upper class hotel for that rate. It approx. 1/2 mile from the cruise terminal and you should be able to ask for a room with a view of the port.

Thanks for the advice. Currently, the point is moot, as that hotel is not showing avaiable on Hotwire any longer. I did check TripAdvisor though, and of the 6 hotels listed, only 2 have any kind of rating, both 2 star. They are the Hampton Inn and the Quality Inn.

We still have our reservations at the Riverview, so we're still good. The $49 rate plus the parking was going to be about $50 cheaper than the Riverview, but I guess it wasn't meant to be, since I didn't book it when I saw it and now it's gone!

• 4 weeks later...
Seems like the Renaissance wins most postings.

yes, this looked the best to me. I could not get it online but I was able to get a room by calling directly for the $119.00. This is for a cruise in September.

You will not be disappointed in the Renaissance Riverview. $119 is a bargain considering that this is a 4 star convention hotel. Retirement Systems of Alabama owns it and it's sister hotel, the Battle House just around the corner. Both are Renaissance branded and both are 4 star. RSA rescued and renovated both in the last 5 years. Battle House had been abandoned since the 70's and Riverview was falling into disrepair after years under the Stouffer brand. Battle House is a real luxury showplace now and Riverview has under gone 10's of millions in renovation. Not coincidentally, RSA is also the mortgage holder on the cruise terminal. David Bronner, CEO of RSA, has kind of taken Mobile under his wing and spent hundreds of millions in downtown in the last 5 years. Without him, I doubt there would be cruising out of Mobile. Nice that he's on our side!!

I am a member of the Retirement System of Alabama. (Local government retiree) It is one of the top governmental retirement systems in the nation and is largely responsible for the Alabama Cruise Terminal. I have sailed out of Port Canaveral, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and, in my humble (and maybe biased) opinion, Mobile has them all beat! Seriously, you will enjoy the terminal boarding, the hotels mentioned and your cruise. I will be there in November when the Fantasy starts her Mobile departures. Have fun...I know I will!

• 1 month later...

The brand new Hampton Inn & Suites in Downtown Mobile also has a cruise package that starts at $119 per night. It includes hotel accommodations, parking for the duration of your cruise, breakfast and 1pm late check out on cruise day. They are the closest hotel to the terminal and a new hotel. Here is a link...

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/specials_detail_popup.jhtml?ctyhocn=MOBDTHX&promoId=134440002

They are also running specials for cruise leaving over the holidays.

Pics attached.

01webHIM_front_ext.jpg.b5b4aa5ef6b87aa667ad41984c2ab2d1.jpg

13webHIM_roomdouble.jpg.98ab8edcde906d6550475c0c526bbcd9.jpg

• 1 month later...

Our flight gets in at 11pm the night before cruising. I'm thinking I'd rather have it simple on arrival and worry about the longer drive the next day when there is time. Is there anything worthwhile in the under $100 price near the airport MOB? Any idea what taxi will cost to the port the next day or how long it will take? Thanks

Archived