anytime dining

williewonka8

thanks paul i called my princess cruise personalizer and he said that i could do this. i think their might be some kind of miscommunication between us. but it has already shown up on my credit card!

So what time did the personalizer confirm your reservation for?

Everything that I have heard or read says you cannot make dinner reservation before boarding.

No, you can't. But the credit on his/her account (assume $50) will already be there to pay for it when they dine in the alternate venue. He/she will still have to make the res. on board.

if there is a credit on my account it should show up on my onboard account as credit? thanks for all info

Exactly. And I'm sure it will be there. The person you charged it with should have sent you a confirmatory email. If not, call Princess and ask for it and then take it with you.

i was able to book for certain days but not a specific time.

I think there was some miscommunication between you and Princess.

You should not expect a reservation for a day without a time. That really doesnt make a lot of sense.

When you board, look for a certificate in your room for the amount of money that was charged to your card. That will be your onboard credit. It can be used for any onboard charges, including tips.

If the statement of credit is not in your cabin or in the mail slot next to your cabin door, go to the Purser's desk and ask them about it.

I had to do this on the last cruise I took.

The onboard rep at the desk said that they would check with the home office and let me know what they found out.

I was surprised that it only took about an hour for the statement to be delivered to my cabin and a few minutes later the rep called to confirm the credit was indeed valid and available. I was impressed by this since embarkation day is a very busy day for the staff.

Once you know you have the credit, then go ahead and make your dinner reservation. The credit will cover the charge.

I would not count on having a reservation right now if I were you.

No, you can't. But the credit on his/her account (assume $50) will already be there to pay for it when they dine in the alternate venue. He/she will still have to make the res. on board.

That's probably it. He will have a vocher in the cabin on embrkation day.

Archived