Internet on Coral Princess

logcabin

Hey everyone. We leave Sunday for our first Princess cruise. The Coral Princess northbound Alaska (then a land tour to follow).. Anyway, we had a mini-suite, but the up-grade fairy called yesterday and we were up-graded to a PS Suite. So, here's my question. I understand that suite passengers get free internet as a perk. We will have our laptop (with wireless already within it). Can this be used in the suite? Or is the free access just in the internet cafe? Whatever info I can get will be helpful..

Thanks so much.

We were on the same cruise as you last year this time and were also upgraded to the larger suite. I didn't bring along our laptop, rather used the internet cafe at no charge. It's quite a savings. Enjoy your cruisetour, it was one of the best trips we've ever taken!

Jennifer

Hey everyone. We leave Sunday for our first Princess cruise. The Coral Princess northbound Alaska (then a land tour to follow).. Anyway, we had a mini-suite, but the up-grade fairy called yesterday and we were up-graded to a PS Suite. So, here's my question. I understand that suite passengers get free internet as a perk. We will have our laptop (with wireless already within it). Can this be used in the suite? Or is the free access just in the internet cafe? Whatever info I can get will be helpful..

Thanks so much.

Congratulations on your full suite upgrade which seems to strike more Princess first timers than anyone else. Your free internet will be available in the internet cafe or on your laptop anywhere else, if you can get a signal.

Thanks for the quick answers. Very helpful. I'm a little more comfortable knowing I can keep in contact with home more easily now.. Can you get signals in the suites or just public areas and the internet cafe?

Thanks for the quick answers. Very helpful. I'm a little more comfortable knowing I can keep in contact with home more easily now.. Can you get signals in the suites or just public areas and the internet cafe?

I'm counting on you to come back and tell us where to find the Coral signas. We're going to be on her in September/October for 25 days. Right now I'm shopping for a netbook so not to shlep the heavier laptop.

...Can you get signals in the suites or just public areas and the internet cafe?

We were on the Coral about two months ago. Internet access in only available in the public areas near the Internet Café. Suggest going to the Library (Starboard Side) or Game Room (Port Side), both on Deck 8 (Emerald).

I tried using the Wireless Internet on Deck 5 (Plaza) in the Lobby Bar (Patisserie), but it was very, very slow to non-existent three decks below where, I believe, the signal originates.

We were far forward on Aloha a couple of months ago and did get a signal in the cabin. Not a great signal, but surprised to get anything at all. Much stronger near the atrium. Would think that the suites would get priority on wireless, though.

Archived