Lobster Dinner

My wife and I personally like the small Caribbean lobsters. Like others, we don't normally buy pricey seafood (such as lobster or king crab, etc), so we're happy with whatever lobster is served to us. ACtually, Carnival had pretty decent lobster, but Princess definitely overcooked theirs. Will look forward to the fisherman's platter........I can give the shrimp to my wife (I don't care for shrimp), and I'll take her lobster tail (there would be a fight to the death over it), and have to order another!

This is Barbara

I have been on 66 RCCL cruises to the Mexican Riviera. In the beginning the

lobster was very tender and tasty. Over the years it has declined. Now I

dont bother to order it. The shrimp on the platter are overcooked and tough.

The lobster is like eating rubber bands and they are very small.

I like Austrailian lobster tails, but you know you will never get that on a cruise

ship.

Dennis is deceased, but he told me (he was a scuba diver) that the lobster being

served now is what is called a "rock lobster" sort of like an oversized languistino.

• 1 month later...

Good morning,

I am sailing the LB in October on a back2back cruise.

I am wondering if the Lobster Night varies from the Eastern Caribbean to the Western Caribbean routes... I have seen the Lobster Night sometimes on the Fifth night and sometimes on the Sixth night. Can anybody help me?

Happy cruising!

Marco.

I see that a "Chops Fillet" is listed for $14.95.

Is this the smaller or larger cut?

Thanks.

I think they recently stopped offering the price tagged steak in the Main Dining Room - due to big complaints.

You can always order the Black Angus Top Sirloin without a charge. This is a very good, medium sized steak, and you are welcome to order another one if you wish.

IMHO no shellfish should ever be frozen - it loses all its flavour.

All shellfish on the ship is frozen. It has to be unless the chef and his staff sit on deck all night and catch fresh :D. That is why it has no taste and is often like rubber.

There is only one way to have lobster and that is a freshly cooked live lobster.

I don't want to start a controversy, but to those people who rave about Maine lobster, have you ever tasted the lobster caught off the coast of Cornwall in England?

Archived