Segway Tour -- too boring for kids?

STEELERETTE

We will be in San Juan next week and my daughter who is 11 wants to go on a segway. Of course, I don't think she understands when I tell her that there is an educational tour she has to go on. There will be four kids, ages 16, 15, 13 and 11. It is between the segway tour or the ziplining. Will the segway tour bore them to tears? If we do the segway tour, is the only way we can book it through the cruise line. They charge $94 and it is 2 hours and 15 minutes. Thank you so much for your help!

Boring? Not really.

We've been to Old San Juan 100's of times (really!) and took the tour. Forget about the "tour" part ... I was having a great time just riding the Segway! My guess is that kids will feel the same way.

We will be in San Juan next week and my daughter who is 11 wants to go on a segway. Of course, I don't think she understands when I tell her that there is an educational tour she has to go on.

You are under estimating your kids. You're talking about teeagers riding something that they alone control with powered wheels plus it's new and edgy technology? Unless you've got a Segway at home, or you've got spoiled rotten kids, this will be a sure top 5 highlight of the cruise for them.

The tour guides, (we had Natilie) are also excellent and fun.

We saw several children riding Segways when we were in San Juan on the 6/6-6/13 Carnival Liberty who looked much under 90 pounds. I forget the name,San Juan Segway tours, I think. You can book directly through them and they are much cheaper booking direct. They also have a short 45 min. tour.They were fully booked two weeks before we curised and i was disappointed.Looked like a lot of fun.

I just got Jose's email response... they are pretty strict on the 90 lb limit. Apparently you need to use your weight to stop, and since she is so light the machine wouldn't work properly.

Poor thing, her weight (lack of it!) has opted her out of Segway, Parasail and Zipline (we did find one that worked, but we already had something else). She is my adventure girl and finds standing on the sidelines very frustrating! Her 13 year old brother is having a fantastic time telling her about all the fun "he" is going to have because he now weighs over 100 lbs! However, I think we will all do different things until she reaches the proper weight. Looks like we will definitely have another SO. Caribbean trip in our future!:D We have too many things still to do!

Archived