Scuba in Roatan--Kudos to Sueno del Mar

WesW

Four of us from RSSC last week did a two tank dive with SDM last

week..Ray Lopez the owner sent a taxi to pick us up/takes back to our cruise ship...Jeff our Master Dive Instructor was exceptional..he personally

guided another diver and me to our successul OW certification..During the

surface interval he made sure we had the opportunity to get something to eat.

(Contray to the two dive operators in Coz, and Grand Cayman). The diving

was fantastic..If you dive in Roatan--go with SDM..r/wes

Wes,

I've done lots of diving with SDM through the years; they are a very good shop & the folks there have always been very friendly. The Jeff that was your instructor - was he a tall guy (6'2" or so), curly hair, 40ish? I'm assuming it's him. He's a good friend of ours; in fact, he credits my wife for his living on Roatan. She used to work for a travel company that specializes in trips to Roatan & booked him on a trip that included a week at one of the resorts & a week hanging around West End at one of the little hotels there. He fell in love with the island, went home, sold his stuff & moved down for good. He's a great guy.

We're headed to the island at the beginning of January; first time down in awhile & we're really looking forward to the trip.

SeaPA, yep, that's Jeff, was a clinical coordinator for a large hospital and

got the island bug and had the guts to follow his heart...great personality

fun to dive with..Ray Lopez the owner is first class, picks/drops you off at

your cruise ship/destination (Coz--did not); then when I arrived back here

a follow up email from Ray was waiting for me....are you staying in Ray's new hotel?

Think a few rooms will be done by Jan...it looked very nice from the oceana.

Have a blast and enjoy the diving!

r/wes

Yes, that is definitely the same Jeff. It was very funny the first time he realized that Robin was the one that had first sent him to West End; we were having a beer at the end of a day of diving & everyone started talking about how they first discovered Roatan.

We co-own a cabana on the island, kinda near Anthonys Key Resort. We haven't been down in almost 3 years (we have a young child who we are now feeling comfortable travelling with); looking forward to seeing how the island has changed.

Been diving with Sueno since, well, before they were Sueno. Ray & his brothers used to run the dive shop at another place & we started diving with them at that location. Found them extremely friendly & continued with them when they went on their own with SDM.

Archived