Cabin location

buckeye_chris

When we originally booked our first cruise on the Miracle, we booked a guarantee 8A cabin. We found out we were upgraded to an 8I this week, which is on the Panorama deck. I have heard and been told that the higher up you are, the more motion you feel. Should I be concerned about moving up from the Main deck to the Panorama? I am willing to go with whatever they give me, but some others in my group have concerns. Also, any cons to being directly underneath the Lido deck? We are in room 8183, pretty much in the middle of the ship.

Thanks.

Chris

I had friends booked on the 8th deck last year. They said you could hear deck chairs moving around sometimes and the band if you had your door open.

There really isnt much movement on the ships today being their size and stabilizers, but if the seas are rough you will feel more of it the further up you go and the further front or back you are. Just the laws of physics. If you have people prone to motion sickness I would recommend getting Bonine for the cruise you take 1 pill a day (start a day before you go) and you won't have any problems at all. Bonine is better than dramamine, etc. it was designed with seasickness specifically in mind.

I've been on four different decks on Carnival ships in the past four years. I've had cabins from E-1 (first cabin on that deck) to mid-ship. As long as you're mid-ship, the motion won't be nearly as bad as in forward or aft cabins. You'll be fine. Noise? I was directly under the stage in the Main Showroom last cruise - heard a little noise, but it was pretty much muffled.

If I were going to stay in my cabin all through the cruise, I would worry about location for ship's movement. Much of your cruise will be spent going all over the ship so you will feel movement anyway. We choose our cabin location for the closeness to what we like to do-rear cabins on the Panorama deck, close to the Lido deck activities. Walk out our door and within a few steps, we're right on the upper level of the Lido Deck right under the water slide. We've never noticed any more movement up there than on the Riviera deck.

Buckeye Chris, If you were staying in your room most of the time, location could be a factor in feeling the motion of your ship, but, if you are like us, the room is mainly for sleeping, showering, changing clothes, and heading out the door again for whatever. You will have fun.

Looks like you'll be on the Miracle for your birthday, what a great way to celebrate!!!

Have Fun !!

Matt

Archived