DOD cards???

DustFSU

So any update if they have taken the DOD cards off the ships? I was looking forward to getting some, but people said they asked and the bartenders looked at them like they were talking French. I leave in 25 days. Some people said some of the ships didn't take them off and still have them. I will be on the Legend if anyone knows if they still have it that would be great??:D

I would like to know too. I sail in 10 days on Carnival Pride and wanted to know if I can get one.

I bought mine on the Lido Deck after embarkation at a special table set up for DOD cards, soda cards, etc......

Just wondering if I can get one again.

vicki

They had them on the Valor in Mid-May. The bar tender that was aware and selling them was the main bar in the Atrium across from Guest Relations, yet when we went to use them no one looked at it twice. So my guess it not all the bars sell them but they all take them.

The coffee card we were told is no longer offered. At least it wasnt on the Valor.

Does anyone know if they are still only allowing you to get "that" day's drink of the day? I heard mix things that you can get any through out the week on any day if you want. Does anyone know the truth to that?

• 3 weeks later...

I read a post stating that the DOD was $3.50 if you didn't get the special glass. I don't remember what the date was on that post, so I don't know if that price is still accurate. If it is though, the the DOD card seems like a rip off.

5 drinks for $25 is definitely not equal to $3.50 a drink. Anyone have more info on pricing?

I read a post stating that the DOD was $3.50 if you didn't get the special glass. I don't remember what the date was on that post, so I don't know if that price is still accurate. If it is though, the the DOD card seems like a rip off.

5 drinks for $25 is definitely not equal to $3.50 a drink. Anyone have more info on pricing?

I believe it's $8 something in a special glass, and $5 something in a "non-special" glass. $3.50 would be a dream come true.. :)

How the drink of the day card works from what I read, is the first one you get on the card is the souvenir glass and then the other 4 are in a regular size glass. Most people say it's worth it...think in the end it saves you about 6 bucks or so....there are other threads on it, so that's why I asked because people said they asked on their cruises and some people said they didn't have them on their ships.

Technically it only works for the current drink of the day or a Funship, but I have sometimes gotten other specialty drinks. DODs with the genuinie plastic glass cost $7.50 + 15% on Spirit.

The cards were definitely on Spirit.

DSC00291.JPG

I don't remember seeing either of these offered on the Conquest in May. Are they only offered on the first day? Has anyone else seen them on the Conquest? We're going again in December. Anyone know which bar on the Conquest offers the DOD card if they are even offered?

May 31st sailing had them and with the tip they came out to $26. We were able to get ANY DOD. 1st one comes in the plastic hurricane glass and then the other 4 will come in a reg glass that holds the same exact amount as the hurricane glass or you can continue to trade in your glass for a clean one with your DOD. We were also to buy them on any day not just the 1st day, in fact some friends had 5 cards during the cruise.

Does anyone know if these cards are permanent? Why do some ships have them and others don't? We were on the Freedom the first week in July and DOD cards weren't available. I had actually emailed Carnival before we cruised to ask about the cards and they wrote back that they weren't available on the Freedom, so I knew it before we went. But I don't understand why they're not available on every ship.

They were available on Freedom when I sailed last week.

My husband bought the card; I didn't. His card came with 1 DOD with the fancy Carnival logo souvenir, the rest on the card were in non-souvenir cups. I found that when he used his card to get the non-souvenir cup drinks vs. when I ordered a DOD but didn't use a card and specified that I didn't want the souvenir cup I ended up with a slightly smaller drink than him and paid $5.25. How much smaller was mine? I can't say. His drink wasn't huge - I don't think it was a big difference.

I would say it is probably worth it to get the card if you KNOW you're drinking the DOD. I don't like a lot of sweet drinks so it wasn't a good deal for me, but it was a good deal for my sweet-toothed husband.

This is the first I have read about a DOD, but it sounds like a good deal. I had thought about checking on a coffee card for my wife too.

Try a coffee before you buy the card, I have heard many cruisers say they didn't care for the coffee and there are no refunds on the card...would hate to be stuck drinking them if I didn't like them but had already paid for them...

Try a coffee before you buy the card, I have heard many cruisers say they didn't care for the coffee and there are no refunds on the card...would hate to be stuck drinking them if I didn't like them but had already paid for them...

does carnival paradise have coffee cards? Are the coffees regular coffe or like carmal machitos, frappachinos etc?

Archived