DOD cards???

DustFSU

Hold on! You mean I have to pay extra if I want coffee with my breakfast??:eek:

No the coffee cards are for specialty coffees, you can get coffee anytime on the Lido or room service free.

Hold on! You mean I have to pay extra if I want coffee with my breakfast??:eek:

I'm not a fan of the free coffee. On some ships it has been awful on others passable. I always get an expresso after dinner but I really enjoy the speciality coffees.

I can't recall... are espressos and cappuccinos after dinner free in the main dining room, free?

Yes, they are free. But don't get fooled like we did about the little after dinner drinks. The server came to our table and really just started placing these little drinks in front of us. Saying "try very good" we thought they were samples. No they were like $6.00 (i think) each. But very delicious. Following year we knew better. They were good but not worth the money.

Do all 5 drinks have to be used on the same day? Or can I purchase a card early in the week, and get 1 drink a day (I'm not concerned with the souveneir cup).

I'm thinking my wife might like to get the coffee card to have a special coffee every morning when she gets up. As far as size and variety, are they comparable to $tarbucks? How much is a specialty coffee usually? Can't be very much if a card for 5 is only $11.50.

Do all 5 drinks have to be used on the same day? Or can I purchase a card early in the week, and get 1 drink a day (I'm not concerned with the souveneir cup).

I'm thinking my wife might like to get the coffee card to have a special coffee every morning when she gets up. As far as size and variety, are they comparable to $tarbucks? How much is a specialty coffee usually? Can't be very much if a card for 5 is only $11.50.

Yes you can get one drink a day. You can use them all in one day if you wish or spread them out. The size is comparable to Starbucks. The variety depends on what type of Starbucks you frequent. I forget the cost even though my DH and I probably had 2 coffees each every day. I think the card is a good deal though.

My mom ordered one of the specialty coffees. She thinks it was around $3.00.

Not that I would EVER do this myself, but I wonder if a bartender has ever forgotten to punch a DOD card if he got tipped a couple bucks?

Did not happen to me personally, but others at our dinner table mentioned that they did receive this service a few times.

Archived