Category Differences

sooper

When I was booking my cruise, I saw that the pricing for an outside category C was higher than verandah category VE, and VE was the same price as category D. Do some people prefer outside to a balcony? Balcony cabins have more space too, right?

Every category was available for booking at the time. Some of the future sailing dates I looked up is showing the same way. Just wondering how a balcony cabin would be priced less or the same as an oceanview.

Do some people prefer outside to a balcony? Balcony cabins have more space too, right?
I can't answer why the C & D prices would equal or exceed the VE price, but as far as your last two questions: I think there might be a few people who might prefer an OV to a balcony, like possibly those with small children, and balcony cabins between the doors are exactly the same size as the OV.

Every category was available for booking at the time. Some of the future sailing dates I looked up is showing the same way. Just wondering how a balcony cabin would be priced less or the same as an oceanview.

It is likely that the lowest categories of each type were discounted, rather than every cabin being discounted... They seem to fill each up from the bottom. A lot of the time, all that will be available amongst those cheapies are guarantees...

Thanks all.

It is likely that the lowest categories of each type were discounted, rather than every cabin being discounted... They seem to fill each up from the bottom. A lot of the time, all that will be available amongst those cheapies are guarantees...

I see what you're saying and it makes sense. Although, I even saw on a sailing where the VF price was lower than the price for H category - which seemed very odd! :eek:

Archived