In room safe

luckydogone

Use a different card. Everyone who has access to your cabin would also be able to get into the safe.

That is not true. Every card, even the person in the same Stateroom with you, has a different code in it. You can only use one Stateroom card for the safe to work. But it is advised that you not use your Stateroom card, just use a card you do not use very often, if at all.

Any worthless card with a mag stripe will be fine. DON'T use your Sail and Sign, drivers' license or credit card. Problems do happen and cards get erased.

Also, not all ships have the mag stripe safes. The Splendor and the Fantasy both have code locks that you program.

:)

I use my gas card, by the time I get down to FL is useless !:D

As gas prices rise it looks like it's gonna be the same on our next cruise.

When we were on the Liberty a few weeks ago, the room steward specifically mentioned that we shouldn't use our S&S card because it could affect the magnetic strip, and our ability to use the card on the ship (like at the bar:)). We used a grocery store club card and had no issues.

It's best not to in case you lose it. I take a video store card and use that...anything with a magnetic strip, i.e, grocery store card, etc.

When I have an expired or out-of-$ gift card, I just throw it into a drawer at home. When I need one, I grab it for the cruise and can then just discard it at the end of the trip.

I like this idea, too! Hadn't thought of it.

Do the safes on the Destiny require a card to unlock or do they have the number type locks? I don't have any cards that I don't use so I will have to figure out where to get one I can use if we need one for the Destiny.

It's been a while since we were on the Destiny, but I'm thinking all of Carnival's safe are the kind you swipe a card through. You can use a grocery store one or like I said, a video store card. Just keep it with you when you're not in the cabin.

Archived