Norwegian Epic 2010 - Which Date To Choose?

SDGuy

I've been reading about all of the exciting features and developments of the new Norwegian Epic due out next year.

My partner and I (mid/late 40's) love NCL already but this ship looks like a must do!

I'm trying to figure out what date to select - I'm thinking October/November. Is anyone else booked on this ship for the Western Caribbean itinerary that includes Costa Maya, Roatan, and Cozumel with 3 sea days to enjoy this fascinating ship?

OR

Is anyone else interested in forming our own group cruise?

It's never too early to start planning!

I hope to hear from you!

John

Go in early January 2011 and I'm there. My school schedule prohibits me from going any earlier after the ship goes to sea. I was hoping they'd have it doing revenue cruises by May 2010 but it wasn't to be (even though they are going to take delivery of it by then).

I would love a gay group cruise on this ship. The nightclubs alone are just perfect. Different hangout each day of the week. Spice, Posh, Halo and the Ice Bar have me very excited - not to mention the early evening entertainment and the Cirque dinner show. What a revolutionary ship! I can't wait! :)

I've been reading about all of the exciting features and developments of the new Norwegian Epic due out next year.

My partner and I (mid/late 40's) love NCL already but this ship looks like a must do!

I'm trying to figure out what date to select - I'm thinking October/November. Is anyone else booked on this ship for the Western Caribbean itinerary that includes Costa Maya, Roatan, and Cozumel with 3 sea days to enjoy this fascinating ship?

OR

Is anyone else interested in forming our own group cruise?

It's never too early to start planning!

I hope to hear from you!

John

Hey John,

My partner and I are booked for October 9th. We actually prefer the Eastern Caribbean (better shopping as my partner loves to shop). There are three sea days on the Eastern itinerary as well (my favorite). I can actually not get off the ship at all in 7-days and be very happy.

We booked a category AC. It's the least expensive cabin type (NCL calls it a Penthouse Suite but really it's just a large cabin at 322 sq ft) that includes access to the Courtyard area. On a ship this big it will be nice to get away from the crowds on occasion. Have you received the EPIC inaugural brochure? If not be sure to order one. It's really an amazing brochure. Best I have seen in years. It totally got me psyched to book EPIC.

I'm not sure if you are interested in OASIS OF THE SEAS, but I'm booked with my brother, as well as my boss and his partner on the January 23, 2010 sailing. Looking forward to that as well.

Ernie

I'm all for a group cruise onboard the Norwegian Epic for January 2011, anyone else interested in doing this? It'd be the first full week of January 2011. Let me know! :D

Hey if my cruise on EPIC in October is fantastic, I'm sure I would be up for a return experience in January.

Ernie

Ernie - Where did you get the Epic brochure from? I requested one off the website and still haven't received it and that was over 2 months ago. I have received two NCL brochures for their regular ships though. :cool: I don't really need to know what the Epic looks like to book her anyway, I just know that I will be. Just price watching closely at this point. Each semester's tuition keeps changing as more people are penny pinching so I have to watch my dough too!

Would love to have you along in January 2011!

~Jake

Ernie - Where did you get the Epic brochure from? I requested one off the website and still haven't received it and that was over 2 months ago. I have received two NCL brochures for their regular ships though. :cool: I don't really need to know what the Epic looks like to book her anyway, I just know that I will be. Just price watching closely at this point. Each semester's tuition keeps changing as more people are penny pinching so I have to watch my dough too!

Would love to have you along in January 2011!

~Jake

Hey Jake,

I kept ordering the EPIC brochure through the NCL website and all I would get is the fleet brochure (which doesn't include EPIC). Finally I called and ordered the brochure and I finally got it.

Give NCL a call. It's worth it, the brochure is great.

Ernie

OMG that would be great! Problem is....the 6 of us gurls want to go on the Eastern Carribean cruise. We have not booked yet but we are looking at lateer October 2010. Having a big gay group would be awesome. And....the EPIC looks so great! THis looks like a gay ship!!

My partner and I are looking at the Dec 4th Eastern Carribean. This looks like a really cool ship.

Woody and I have a BA on the December 4th sailing and can hardly wait!

Last year, we took the December 6th sailing aboard the Star and there were hardly no kids but a decent group of "family" on board. I hope it will be the same this go around. Plus, the ship should be decked out for Christmas.

At first, we thought about a western caribbean cruise in October but that is during the rainy and very humid time of year. We ended up choosing the eastern caribbean in December, instead (better shopping):D!

Very cool. I think we are definately going to book the 12/4 sailing but are waiting until we are onboard our 11/15 cruise on the Spirit to take advantage of past guest perks(11/15 will be our first cruise on NCL)

The Epic looks like a cool ship to cruise on. But the bathrooms

look very scary:eek: Unless I'm sailing with someone who

likes to see me naked. I don't think I would be happy with

the shower in the hallway and the only privacy is a curtain.

Very cool. I think we are definately going to book the 12/4 sailing but are waiting until we are onboard our 11/15 cruise on the Spirit to take advantage of past guest perks(11/15 will be our first cruise on NCL)

Giocatori - If you do book the Dec. 4th Epic Sailing, join the regular Epic 12/4/2010 roll call so I know you two will be on board. There is not a gay/lesbian Epic 12/4/2010 roll call, as of yet. I'm sure you two will have a blast on the Spirit and especially the Epic!:cool:

I thought the exact thing but seeing how I will be with my partner, it does not matter. However, If I were traveling with my mother...:eek:!!! I guess we will not know exactly how good or bad the bathroom situation is until the reviews start coming in next year.

We will see how this works out soon enough. I would be traveling with my mother on the January 2011 Epic sailing. This could get scary! LOL :eek::D

I am not sure how this whole thing will work out. I usually am getting ready in the cabin anyway when mom is in the bathroom because the bathroom is not designed for a tall person!! No contorting myself to get the pants on and whacking the knees and legs off the door or the sink or the toilet. :D

• 1 month later...

Partner and I are doing September 4 Labor Day. Just booked the Spa Suite--24/7 access to the thermal suite/steam/sauna in the spa plus access to the Courtyard complex!

I'll be going in early July 2010 for the travel agent inaugural, so I'll let you all know first impressions of the ship before it sails for the public!

• 1 month later...

We want to book EPIC for November 2010. We are sailing on the NCL Pearl November 2009 so we are waiting to put our deposit down then and take advantage of their instant on board credit option. I think the date we were looking at was November 6th (Western). The Eastern itinerrary is only Nassau and St. Thomas and the Western is Roatan, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. We've never been to Costa Maya and Roatan only once and loved it; on the othe hand we have been to St. Thomas and Nassau a zillion times but we would consider other dates and the Eastern itinerrary if anyone wants to do a group.

We want to book EPIC for November 2010. We are sailing on the NCL Pearl November 2009 so we are waiting to put our deposit down then and take advantage of their instant on board credit option. I think the date we were looking at was November 6th (Western). The Eastern itinerrary is only Nassau and St. Thomas and the Western is Roatan, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. We've never been to Costa Maya and Roatan only once and loved it; on the othe hand we have been to St. Thomas and Nassau a zillion times but we would consider other dates and the Eastern itinerrary if anyone wants to do a group.

On the Eastern itinerrary, you forgot St. Maaren. I think which ever you choose, Western or Eastern, you will have a great time if a great group of "family" is onboard:)!

Archived