Reserving Spa treatments before cruise

gatour

It looks like Carnival has the capability to prebook spa treatments but it seems to be very limited to certain treatments as opposed to all that are actually available.

For example I want a basic 50 minute swedish massage, but the only ones listed are a couple's massage or an aromatherapy massage. Is this because we are so far out before our cruise? Will other options open up as we get close to the cruise?

Before our last cruise I also noticed you could pre-book spa treatments. I did not pre-book and glad I did not. Once on board they were running specials and I booked one of them. It was a hot stone massage at regular price with a exfoliate rub of some type before the massage. Sorry I can't remember the type of exfoliate rub. But I felt happy about getting something thrown in for free. There were other specials too on embarkion day and each day they also had different specials.

I was just on the GLORY last week and they were running a "Top to Toe Bliss" special which included full body massage and facial, 75 min. At the beginning of the week they had it for $145, on the last 2 sea days they did it for $129!!! I was so glad I decided to wait until the end!

I was just on the GLORY last week and they were running a "Top to Toe Bliss" special which included full body massage and facial, 75 min. At the beginning of the week they had it for $145, on the last 2 sea days they did it for $129!!! I was so glad I decided to wait until the end!

Thanks for the tip. Also, I'm not sure exactly on which day I'll be doing what so I guess booking once on board gives you the freedom to plan your day as it goes.

I understand about the ability to get deals if you wait to book on-board, but on Princess, I can book a basic 50 minute swedish massage online at about the 100 day point. It saves me a trip to the spa on embarkation day just to stand in line to book a spa treatment.

Again, my question is will the scope of potential treatments open up for booking online as we get closer to the cruise, or I am resigned to wait until until we board to book "basic" treatments?

I understand about the ability to get deals if you wait to book on-board, but on Princess, I can book a basic 50 minute swedish massage online at about the 100 day point. It saves me a trip to the spa on embarkation day just to stand in line to book a spa treatment.

Again, my question is will the scope of potential treatments open up for booking online as we get closer to the cruise, or I am resigned to wait until until we board to book "basic" treatments?

You can call Carnival and ask them if they update it closer to the cruise date. If you don't want to wait in line to book you could probably call them once you are there and make your appointment. They probably have a list of services in your cabin. From what I have read here most people wait and book when they get there so you may not get the answer you are looking for.

I was going to book ahead of time, but decided not to as the options seemed a little pricey. The specials on board were really nice though. I ended up having a 20/20/20 special which was three different 20 minute treatments - it was like a full body massage and it was only $99 for the hour. So I was really happy with that. And it was really easy to book, I just called the extension on the ad for the special from our cabin and got the time I was looking for with no problem.

Archived