Is there advantage to booking next cruise while on board?

We are going on a cruise again THIS FRIDAY!

I haven't posted on this board in forever! We were looking to do a weekend getaway for our anniversary. The cruise price was so low we booked! :D I am sooo excited!!! It is the exacted same cruise we did last year the short 3night/4day to Bahamas from Miami. We want to cruise for a week next summer with the kids in tow. The kids will be 10, 9 and 3.5 yrs old.

Now is there a benefit to booking the next cruise on the ship? I saw someone mention they were going to book on the ship.

Now to remember about what I should pack. LOL

Tammy

I've been wondering that myself. It seems like the only thing you really get by booking while on board is a good cabin selection. Sometimes it seems like a disadvantage to book too early because cabin prices usually go down as the cruise date approaches, and specials that seem to pop up are usually for "new bookings only".

We are going on a cruise again THIS FRIDAY!

I haven't posted on this board in forever! We were looking to do a weekend getaway for our anniversary. The cruise price was so low we booked! :D I am sooo excited!!! It is the exacted same cruise we did last year the short 3night/4day to Bahamas from Miami. We want to cruise for a week next summer with the kids in tow. The kids will be 10, 9 and 3.5 yrs old.

Now is there a benefit to booking the next cruise on the ship? I saw someone mention they were going to book on the ship.

Now to remember about what I should pack. LOL

Tammy

Not much anymore. You get a OBC based on the length of the future cruise you book but that special isn't combinable with any other offers - stock holder benefits, special sales and OBCs, etc. So all you really get with NextCruise is a defined OBC on a future cruise and the ability to have friends come along and receive the same amount of OBC if they book the same cruise as you.

So it really depends on your circumstances. If you're a shareholder and want to use your shareholder benefits, you can't use your NextCruise and vice versa.

Archived