Available cabin search

nani1223

Does anyone know how to search a ship to see what cabins are still available and which ones are sold out. I am interested in Celebrity Infinity sailing Sept. 18, 2009 out of Seattle for an Alaskan cruise. Is it better to book a cabin port side or starward side. Thanks for all your help.

You would need to talk to X itself. There really isn't any way to get the complete listing off any one site that I know of. Some large agncies hold rooms for large groups. Those can be released if not needed. My agent gives me a pretty good accounting, certainly more than what you see on the X web site.

The side of the ship really doesn't matter in most cases. Look at your itieneray and see if you'll be passing by something you want to see from a particular side. Some people like certain sides when going to Alaska or the Med. Caribbean cruises, not so much.

Does anyone know how to search a ship to see what cabins are still available and which ones are sold out. I am interested in Celebrity Infinity sailing Sept. 18, 2009 out of Seattle for an Alaskan cruise. Is it better to book a cabin port side or starward side. Thanks for all your help.

I haven't found any site that gives you more than 10 or so to choose from. The best ways would be to call whoever you plan to book through (Celebrity direct or a travel agent) and have them check your preferred category(s) and give you a list of those available.

As for the side it would depend upon your itinerary. Many say the aft cabins are best for Alaska but you can look at how the ship will sail and choose the side that faces what you would rather see. With it only 3 months from sailing your choices might be limited.

It's a board violation for members to recommend travel web sites. Please review the board guidelines before deciding to purposefully violate the board guidelines and risk losing posting access to the message board.

What category are you interested in?

Here's a method that works for me:

• Decide which cruise you want as you have already done
  • Decide which cabin category you want... inside, outside, balcony, concierge, etc.
  • Open a deck plan for the ship you want to book which shows all cabins, their category & numbers by deck... many travel websites offer deck plans for each ship.
  • Go to the Celebrity site to do what I call a "trial booking"
  • During the booking you can type in any of what would be your preferred cabin numbers to check availability under "Are you looking for a specific stateroom?"
  • You will either get a "sorry, try another number" or a window showing that cabin is available which you can select & continue
  • Choose the 48 hr. courtesy hold option on the cabin & either turn the booking number over to your favorite agent, finalize directly with Celebrity or cancel

You will not be able to get an actual complete list of available cabins but hope this helps you find & reserve the cabin you want.

Archived