The New Carnival Credit Card

virginiab

The website for the new card now seems to be open for business:

http://www.carnivalseamiles.com

The new card is from Juniper Bank and Seamiles. Anyone have experience with either of these companies? For 10,000 miles (dollars spent) you can get a cruise discount of "up to" $500. This is a nice contract to the 23,000 points you need with the current (and being phased out) Capital One Carnival MasterCard to get a flat (not "up to") $500 discount, but it's only a good deal if the fine print around the "up to" works out well....

VirginiaB

This is the third time that Carnival has changed companies within five years. I signed up for the first two which was with MBNA and Capital One. I will skip this one. They need to find a company and stick with them for a while.

Problem is from what I could see for 10,000 points you are actually paying more for this seamiles travel agency than a regular agency???

which I dont understand???

I went into the site and did price comparison.....

Because I will have points left over after my cruise. I was saving for a free cruise but decided to cash in what money i could and have the rest unfortunately transfered....

I would think carnival would at least offer SEAMILES group rate prices??

The cruise I am going on the group rate is the same as the regular rate..??

Anyone have 25000 points that can go inside and compare..?

I will when i transfer my remaining points in May..

I am very disappointed in this card...

• 3 weeks later...

Any ideas on how to use this card that it would actually beneifit me???

Any gifts that can go towards cruise??

After using my carnival points I will still will have 25000 points on thie new card in June..I have 10,000 now, whihc allows me into what you can get for 10,000 points................but

This card seems useless...

Here are the prices from the new cards site....Keep in mind after all that they also charge a $19.95 processing fee on cruises and

Airfare there is 50.00 processing fee...

This is informtaion from their site,,,,

Prices Without SeaMiles Price With 10,000 SeaMiles you will take note are the exact same...on a 5 night cruise...

1A - Interior Stateroom

$399.00 $399.00

4E - Interior Stateroom

$489.00 $489.00

4A - Interior Stateroom

$449.00 $449.00

4B - Interior Stateroom

$459.00 $459.00

4C - Interior Stateroom

$469.00 $469.00

4D - Interior Stateroom

$479.00 $479.00

...view more

Oceanview Cabins expand

5A - Oceanview Stateroom

$449.00 $449.00

6D - Oceanview Stateroom

$539.00 $539.00

* In summary...if i went thru my regular agent...i would save 19.95 by not using my points.

We need to talk to carnival they said they would send more info.....after the first letter telling me they were no longer going to be with capital one.

I have not gotten anything else to date.

Just go to http://www.NCL.com on the front page there is a link for the card. It is by far the best deal afloat. 3% towards any NCL, Star or Orient Lines cruise. You make your best deal, with any TA, or with NCL directly and just send the certificates just like cash. OK, here are the drawbacks:

$1000.00 yearly earning limit per card. ($250.00 per month). solution to this is to have multiple cards.

2nd, and only other drawback that I can see is that the points expire in 36 months.

I have yet to see any card that even comes close. the next best one for cruises would be the Chase Travel Rewards card. For that one you get 1 point per dollar, but for 150,000 points you get any 7 day cruise, including air, as long as the value is not over $3,000.00. so essentially it is 2% on your money.

Gary

I called this sea miles to see what else I could use my points for because for my 10,000 points I would get NO SAVINGS AT ALL for the cruise I was interested in....

The first person was very suprised to hear for 10,000 there was no savings at all. This seemed to be the credit card company in charge....She could only get into first page...and could not get into actual site as I can...

Then...........

She told me to talk to another department customer service.....

That guy said yes we are aware that sometimes there is no savings at all.....

with this card and points...It depends on what the travel agency they are working with decides to discount.......

and to contact them directly...............and work something out with them...

You cannot get flowers or coupons on gifts of any sorts.....

There are only discounts on certains sailings .......

even then you must pay processing fee of 19.95.......

What a joke...

We need to let carnival know this is a joke so we can have the option of transferring our points to another card......

Archived