Maasdam

rong2789

I'm new to HAL having only cruised Princess and NCL.

I'm interested in the Maasdam itinerary for April 29 of 2010, 9 islands in 14 days.

I'm concerned over some of the reviews I've read in Cruise Critic of the Maasdam speaking about problems with the Air Conditioning and Plumbing.

I sure would hate to be in the Caribbean for 14 days with inadequate Air Conditioning.

Does anyone here know if these problems have been solved or are they still occuring?

Thanks.

Last Saturday. The air worked fine. That's not to say the air breaks 5 minutes before you board the ship. Machinery that runs 24/7 and is exposed to saltwater sometimes breaks. Why worry about something you have no control over?stay positive and don't bring on an air conditioning problem.

I was on Maasdam in April. Cabin 196 was plagued with AC problems for almost the whole cruise. I think the temperature was only acceptable for 2 days out of the 14. After having maintenance in our cabin daily for a week they gave up and ended up giving us a fan. Mid-cruise we started having hot water problems. It some cases, it took 40 minutes to get the water hot enough for a shower. We left the shower dripping all night so it would be hot enough for a shower in the morning. We heard from the people in cabins 192 and 194 that they also had AC and hot water issues. I don't know if HAL got the problems fixed after we got off the ship.

We were in cabin 029 on the Navigation deck. The A/C worked fine day 2 -- day 6, but for some reason it was shut down on Embarkation and Disembarkation day. So, the first night we went to bed hot and woke-up hot the last morning.

No doubt, we had some issues with this past visit to the Maasdam (our favorite HAL ship:rolleyes:) Our cruise left Boston, May 30th.

Except for about 10 issues, we had a great cruise!

Kel:)

Archived