Question for Anyone Who Has Been Reading Up on Dream Details

Brenda33

We are a family of 4 wanting to book 2 adjoining cabins....one for DH and myself and one for daughter, 21, and son, 8. Can anyone who has studied the deck plan and really understands it, and room sizes, etc. help me decide which type of cabins I should look for and which location, etc. I want something not too expensive, however, I want something not too small. Are the inside cabins smaller than the ocean views? Do you know dimensions? Are there any special rooms I should try to book? Also, not regarding the Dream, but Carnival in general, does anyone know when the next big sale is for booking purposes? Thanks for any help anyone can give. :)

Insides will be 185 s.f., OVs will be 220 s.f., the inside part of a regular balcony will be 185 s.f., with a 35 s.f balcony added onto them.

People stay 4 to the cabin in all of the above, it just depends on what type of cabin you will be happy in.

Insides will be 185 s.f., OVs will be 220 s.f., the inside part of a regular balcony will be 185 s.f., with a 35 s.f balcony added onto them.

People stay 4 to the cabin in all of the above, it just depends on what type of cabin you will be happy in.

I've stayed in an inside cabin on the Valor with 4 people, but I felt very crowded. That is why I am looking for the adjoining rooms. Hmmmmmm....but maybe one ocean view cabin will be big enough? But then there would only be one bathroom again.....hmmmmmm....This is hard.

All rooms are technically adjoining (meaning next to another) however connecting rooms have a door on the interior that connect the two rooms together. There are no connecting IS cabins on the Dream. I had previously checked for our December sailing. Ended up doing two cove balcony rooms that were connecting. On the deck plans you would look for rooms that have a little white triangle on the dividing line between the rooms.

Also another hard part is to see how many each connecting cabin holds. We had only one choice of cabins that did 3 in one and 4 in the other. Lots of cabins that will do 2 and 2.

All rooms are technically adjoining (meaning next to another) however connecting rooms have a door on the interior that connect the two rooms together. There are no connecting IS cabins on the Dream. I had previously checked for our December sailing. Ended up doing two cove balcony rooms that were connecting. On the deck plans you would look for rooms that have a little white triangle on the dividing line between the rooms.

Also another hard part is to see how many each connecting cabin holds. We had only one choice of cabins that did 3 in one and 4 in the other. Lots of cabins that will do 2 and 2.

Bummer about no inside connecting rooms. That would be the perfect option. What is a cove balcony room? Is this different than a regular balcony?

We had looked originally for two inside cabins for us and my kids in another nothing would work for connecting. Couldn't afford two oceanviews so we decided to just do one cabin instead of two and I then opted to switch it to the cove balcony cabin. Then my parents decided to book so they also booked an inside cabin. I changed their reservation without them knowing and they are now in a cove balcony also and I was able to get us connecting cabins but it took a while on the phone. Only one set showed with the 3/4 makeup for the rooms and neither was showing available online, but PVP was able to book them. So we switched.

The cove balcony is the category 7A and is what would have previously been oceanview cabins on Deck 2 but now they have a balcony. New category of cabin, I thought they looked interesting enough and I couldn't quite do the price of the regular balcony cabin.

Bummer about no inside connecting rooms. That would be the perfect option. What is a cove balcony room? Is this different than a regular balcony?

Yes, on the Queen Mary, they have them and call them "in hull balconies". They are metal and you can close them off if a storm hits with big waves. They are not very much more on the Queen Mary than a inside, but new to Carnival, so they are going for almost as much as a regular balcony. The view will be somewhat more obstructed because of the metal encasing them, but they are a balcony down close to the water, which some are really wanting to try out. I am assuming thats how they look anyway, from the other ship, but Carnival might be doing them not in metal, but they will be able to be closed to the waves, in case of huge waves during a bad storm.

I've stayed in an inside cabin on the Valor with 4 people, but I felt very crowded. That is why I am looking for the adjoining rooms. Hmmmmmm....but maybe one ocean view cabin will be big enough? But then there would only be one bathroom again.....hmmmmmm....This is hard.

The Carnival Dream will have new "family" staterooms with TWO bathrooms. They sleep up to 5 people, (2 beds, 2 uppers, 1 sofa), but with 5 in the room, the 2 beds can't be pushed together. You won't have to worry about that with 4, though.

I'll see what category they're in, but it will probably be less expensive than 2 rooms.

The Deluxe Ocean View on the Dream will have a split bathroom.

DELUXE OCEAN VIEW Includes stateroom categories: 6B, 6C and 6D. Staterooms feature full bathroom with shower, plus a separate washroom with sink and junior tub.

The Carnival Dream will have new "family" staterooms with TWO bathrooms. They sleep up to 5 people, (2 beds, 2 uppers, 1 sofa), but with 5 in the room, the 2 beds can't be pushed together. You won't have to worry about that with 4, though.

I'll see what category they're in, but it will probably be less expensive than 2 rooms.

Alright, I just looked on the deck plans. The family staterooms are category 6D. Look for the green OV's on the deck plans with "V"s in them. I didn't go deck by deck, but it looks like the majority are on Riviera deck, aft.

The green ones with the "V" say for 5 people. I don't have 4....won't come up as an option. However, when I look at oceanviews....it says they all have the split bathroom.......am I reading this right?

Yes. All the "V"s have the split bathroom. The online system will only book max. occupancy for any room (e.g. won't put 3 people in a room that holds a max of 4, or 2 people in a room for 3). However, if you call your TA or PVP, they might be able to book one of the family staterooms for you, even if you have just 4 people.

Yes. All the "V"s have the split bathroom. The online system will only book max. occupancy for any room (e.g. won't put 3 people in a room that holds a max of 4, or 2 people in a room for 3). However, if you call your TA or PVP, they might be able to book one of the family staterooms for you, even if you have just 4 people.

I think it also reads that the regular ocean view rooms have the split bath too. Under ocean view it says split bath....not just he green with a V. So maybe it will be easy!!

Archived