Black Bear ATV Adventures in Talkeetna

weedhopper

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
We signed up for 3 hour trip ,But was told they now offer a 65 mile trip into the back of Denali So I did some digging and found their web site .So the wife and I signed up for that. It was cheaper to contact them then booking with Princess.

They are probably going out the Petersville Rd into Denali State Park. Beautiful country out there and awesome views of the mountain on a clear day.

I know that road! If you have any back/neck issues don't do this trip. The noise will scare off the animals and the dust will be a problem.

They about Denali National Park because of the rules that forbid 4 wheelers.

Just consider your own health and body before booking.

• 1 month later...
We signed up for 3 hour trip ,But was told they now offer a 65 mile trip into the back of Denali So I did some digging and found their web site .So the wife and I signed up for that. It was cheaper to contact them then booking with Princess.

What web site did you find? I haven't been able to locate the vendor yet and wanted to check their price against Princess' as well.

Thanks...

What web site did you find? I haven't been able to locate the vendor yet and wanted to check their price against Princess' as well. Thanks...

Is this what you're looking for? http://www.blackbearatvadventures.com/50%20Mile%20Backcountry%20ATV%20Excursion.html

As for noise and lack of animals, I have to say that one of our most amazing wildlife encounters was while on ATVs. We came upon a she-wolf and her pups. She just stood there looking at us, while the pups finished playing in the pond and, one-by-one, went their merry way down the path. It was difficult to determine the exact number of pups, but it was at least 12 or 13--perhaps there was another adult wolf we didn't see. We've also had close sightings of moose, caribou, and black and grizzly bears--close enough we've stopped for them (sometimes by necessity). While in the jet boat, we've been fortunate to see moose, black bear, grizzly bear, and (although I wan't in the boat to see it) even a wolverine. By snowmachine we've had numerous close sightings of moose and caribou.

I certainly don't want to give people the impression that they will always see animals while on noisy machines. But I think sometimes people just assume they won't see anything and so don't look. Keep alert!

Archived