Southern Caribbean Shore Excursions??????

Kygirl1965

My DH and DM and I are looking for shore excursions. I booked Cosol in St. Lucia. I think we are going to do Sunny Liston in St. Thomas. I believe we will do the train in St. Kitts. #)1 I want to do the rainforest on some island, but not hiking a lot and my DH has a fear of hieights so I am afraid to book the rainforest tram. #2) My DH & DM do NOT swim, has anyone done a snorkel where the water was shallow and you could stand up? This may sound silly but my DH is afraid he might freak out if he could not touch the bottom (he had a near drowning exp as a child). It will be a challenge for him to put his face in the water, but we are going to buy a snorkel and let him practice in a pool. If anyone had been on these tours which is the best Discover Barbados or Coast to Coast Panorama? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
My DH and DM and I are looking for shore excursions. I booked Cosol in St. Lucia. I think we are going to do Sunny Liston in St. Thomas. I believe we will do the train in St. Kitts. #)1 I want to do the rainforest on some island, but not hiking a lot and my DH has a fear of hieights so I am afraid to book the rainforest tram. #2) My DH & DM do NOT swim, has anyone done a snorkel where the water was shallow and you could stand up? This may sound silly but my DH is afraid he might freak out if he could not touch the bottom (he had a near drowning exp as a child). It will be a challenge for him to put his face in the water, but we are going to buy a snorkel and let him practice in a pool. If anyone had been on these tours which is the best Discover Barbados or Coast to Coast Panorama? Thanks!

Last year I did a 14 day cruise on the Maasdam. Several of the places that you mention were ports that we also visit.

You picked a good choice with Cosol. I've toured with him in 2007 and 2008 and he gives a great tour of his island.

I didn't use Sunny Liston in St. Thomas,but have heard good things about him.

In St. Kitts, I didn't do the train,but to be honest, doing a tour with a local driver will give you a better insight to this stunning island. I did a tour with Ilvia Wallace and I want to visit St. Kitts again.

Now for the snorkeling, go to that board and post. All of the snorkeling tours that I've done offer vest and if you let them know it's your first time, will offer extra assistance. But be advised that this was on some of the local private tours,not the ship tours.

Archived