british isles cruise july 19th crown princess

dh1drill

first time to british isles any tips on shore excursions going on the crown princess also first time using cruise critic going to st peter port,cobh,dublin,liverpool,belfast,greenock,invergordon,le havre.thanks dh1drill.

We arranged a lot of our own tours on both British Isles cruises we have been on. With a little research, and reading some reviews from previous cruisers, you can get some good ideas. Le Havre was the only port where we had difficulty arranging a private tour, so we took the ship's excursion to Normandy which turned out to be very good.

You don't have a lot of time, but I think you still might be able to make some of your own arrangements.

I am also interested in private tours in many of the ports as the ships tours are already filled. If you know anything or are interested in sharing please let me know. I am female 56 from Northern CA. I travel with a male friend who might or might not be interested in all of them so it might be 1 or 2 of us. Please let me know. Thaks

We arranged a lot of our own tours on both British Isles cruises we have been on. With a little research, and reading some reviews from previous cruisers, you can get some good ideas. Le Havre was the only port where we had difficulty arranging a private tour, so we took the ship's excursion to Normandy which turned out to be very good.

You don't have a lot of time, but I think you still might be able to make some of your own arrangements.

Do you have a list of who you used in each of the ports. I am having a hard time finding private tours. Thanks

first time to british isles any tips on shore excursions going on the crown princess also first time using cruise critic going to st peter port,cobh,dublin,liverpool,belfast,greenock,invergordon,le havre.thanks dh1drill.
I'm on this cruise. :) Please join our roll call; the link is below. Many of the ship's tours are already sold out so your best bet is to try to find independent tours. There's a lot of good information about independent tours on the roll call.

Just off the TP World Cruise - we went to some of these ports and have also done the British Isles cruise before.

Paris/LeHavre - we did the ship Normandy tour - it was excellent. It is about a 2 hour drive to Paris and to Normandy from the port - so I would be careful about doing this on your own - don't want to get stuck. Also there is a train, but sometimes they go on 'strike' or have days off - so have a Plan B if you take this option.

Cobh - we took the train from the ship to the City - it is directly adjacent to the dock - then took a bus to Blarney - did the town (very small) and the castle - yes we kissed the stone - then took the train back. Very do-able and only about $20pp vs the $80pp on the ships tour.

Sorry- can't remember what we did in the other ports - but I believe ships tours in Dublin/Greenock and Inverness. This was before we were seasoned travellers and ventured out on our own.

Archived