walking tour of Dublin?

anyone have good recommendations for walking tour/company of Dublin (around 2 hours?)

Carol, let me know what you find out about the walking tour and we may join you. So far I am thinking possibly the HOHO to go out and see the gaol and guiness distillery but we don't really have specific plans. The Ho Ho usually has pretty good commentary. I am not interested in seeing the Book of Kells for some reason, would rather be out and about.

Carol, let me know what you find out about the walking tour and we may join you. So far I am thinking possibly the HOHO to go out and see the gaol and guiness distillery but we don't really have specific plans. The Ho Ho usually has pretty good commentary. I am not interested in seeing the Book of Kells for some reason, would rather be out and about.

Good idea...do the HOHO bus tour and then with some good local info(map) you really can do your own walking tour as a lot of the sights are really close together.The Guinness part is wonderful:D

In my opinion, you are thinking correctly when considering a walking tour of Dublin. Most of the "must see" sights are within easy walking distance once in the Trinity College area. Museums, churches, Trinity, St. Stephens Green, etc. are all very close. With a little prior research on your part, a guide really isn't necessary. Royal Caribbean offers a shuttle bus for $6.00 one way per person. If there are several in your party, a taxi may be cheaper and slightly more convenient (the return shuttles can get very crowded at the end of the day). The shuttle drop off/pick up point is about 1 block from Trinity. Again, this is Royal Caribbean. YMMV.

As for Guinness, unless you are really into brewerys, I'd skip the tour. Find a pub on your walking tour and have a pint. On the plus side, the brewery tour is self-guided, so you can go as fast or slow as you want. For me it was like an interactive commercial (We only use the finest ingredients, blah, blah, blah).

"As for Guinness, unless you are really into brewerys, I'd skip the tour. "

We really enjoyed the tour, but maybe we're really in to breweries. I do agree that it is much like a commercial but you end up in a glassed in lounge on top of the building for your pint and the view of Dublin is spectacular.

If you do go to Guinness I strongly recommend buying tickets in advance. When we got there, about 1:00 PM, there was a line for tickets that was at least 1.5 hours. It took us maybe 10 minutes to exchange our voucher for tickets and walk in.

"As for Guinness, unless you are really into brewerys, I'd skip the tour. "

We really enjoyed the tour, but maybe we're really in to breweries. I do agree that it is much like a commercial but you end up in a glassed in lounge on top of the building for your pint and the view of Dublin is spectacular.

If you do go to Guinness I strongly recommend buying tickets in advance. When we got there, about 1:00 PM, there was a line for tickets that was at least 1.5 hours. It took us maybe 10 minutes to exchange our voucher for tickets and walk in.

Guiness is seeming like less of a priority. Does anyone know about purchasing tickets for the jail, wait lines etc.?

anyone have good recommendations for walking tour/company of Dublin (around 2 hours?)

Look at Trip Advisor they have a number of them, Dublin is an easy city to walk around. I have always found walking tours a lot of fun.

Archived