Bags at the Aropolis

Scottygirl1

We are going on a shore tour to the Acropolis and it states that we are not allowed to bring large bags or backpacks due to security reasons. Obviously, we might like to take a bag of some description - could anyone who has been there while this restriction has been in place, please let me know exactly what type of bag is permissible? Thanks.

We are going on a shore tour to the Acropolis and it states that we are not allowed to bring large bags or backpacks due to security reasons. Obviously, we might like to take a bag of some description - could anyone who has been there while this restriction has been in place, please let me know exactly what type of bag is permissible? Thanks.

We both carried over the shoulder bags with our cameras, etc. inside. No problem. Photos in the link below.

We were there in August 2007 and the restriction was in place.

Kathy:)

In archaeological site you don't have any problem... if you visit Acropolis museum you must give the bags at cloakroom..

Thank you for your replies. I don't think we are going to the museum so it looks like we will be OK with a small backpack. :o

My wife doesn't has any problem in museums with a small bag...

Image00085.jpg

We both carried over the shoulder bags with our cameras, etc. inside. No problem. Photos in the link below.

We were there in August 2007 and the restriction was in place.

Kathy:)

Kathy, you need to correct the labels on your Rome pictures! You are mixing up Rome and Athens. What you labeled as the "Parthenon" is actually the "Pantheon"!

Archived