NCL Pearl vs Hal Westerdam Dec 09?

YeaYeaYea

I am taking my 2 daughters aged 17 and 20 on a 7 day cruise in December, I can't decide between the Westerdam or the Pearl. I like the ports on the Westerdam and the food is really good and I like the Aft pool but I remember from the Zuiderdam that there is just one little disco and no nightlife and the shows were crummy. I sailed the Dawn and liked the freestyle dining and the free laundromat and the buffet was good but the food in the dining room was no where near the quality of Hal. The atmosphere was more laid back on the Dawn and the shows and nightlife were better. The December itinerary for Pearl is not as good with stops in Samana and St. Thomas and Tortola and great stirrup, the hal stops are grand turk, san juan, St. Martin, and Half Moon Cay. This is a tough choice.:confused:

I am taking my 2 daughters aged 17 and 20 on a 7 day cruise in December, I can't decide between the Westerdam or the Pearl. I like the ports on the Westerdam and the food is really good and I like the Aft pool but I remember from the Zuiderdam that there is just one little disco and no nightlife and the shows were crummy. I sailed the Dawn and liked the freestyle dining and the free laundromat and the buffet was good but the food in the dining room was no where near the quality of Hal. The atmosphere was more laid back on the Dawn and the shows and nightlife were better. The December itinerary for Pearl is not as good with stops in Samana and St. Thomas and Tortola and great stirrup, the hal stops are grand turk, san juan, St. Martin, and Half Moon Cay. This is a tough choice.:confused:

Your comparisons of the two cruise lines is spot on in my opinion. Based on their ages, I suspect your daughters would be happier with the more relaxed atmosphere on NCL.

Just don't make your decision based on NCL's free laundromats...they have been closed. ;)

Archived