Star Clipper 8/15 Athens to Venice

Jvilledreamer

We are on our first Star Clipper cruise leaving Athens 8/15 heading to Venice.

Can anyone give advice on what we can expect at the ports of call? Is it all town tours or does SC offer water activities at each port? Any other tips for a first timer will be much appreciated. Can't wait for August!!!!

We were on the Star Clipper from Athens May 16-30. We did both of the Eastern Med cruises.

Things I wish I had: my 110V hair dryer (The one on the ship is 220V and takes a long time to dry. Voltage on the Star Clipper is 110V)

Light robe. Star Clipper did not furnish a robe.

On many days water activities (small sail boats) and maybe a "beach" were available. Most people went on the turns are just walked into town.

Things I am glad a took: single serve packets of crystal lite to mix with water, single serve packs of decaf coffee. There is regular coffee and hot water available in the bar for self serve. Several plastic hangers. I wash things in the sink and put on the hangers to dry.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

MSEm

Hey Jville...my husband and I will be on that cruise. We can't wait either :-)) All I'm worried about is finding a bag full of limes and a pot plant of mint to enjoy my favorite drink on board...a Caprioska.

MSEm...do you recall if they had a cocktail shaker on board? Hmmmm may have to bring my own.

Anyway Jville...I'm sure we will see each other on board. I'll be the one hugging the mint plant :-))

Diva

http://1stclassdiva.wordpress.com/

They have a well stocked bar, but I do not know if there was a cocktail shaker.

After the first order, the bar tender knew our drinks and cabin number.

Have a great trip.

MSEm

MSEm - thanks for the tips...they will make for a more pleasant experience.

Diva...great to know we'll be cruising together!!! Under a month to go. WOOHOO!! Not familiar with your drink of choice...I may have to being mint as well because I'm a Mojito girl, maybe we can make a recommendation to the Clipper Bar to be stocked up for us!! Surely they have shaker...they have to be set up for Martini's or I'm going to have a very unhappy husband. Checked out your website...this is bday cruise for us too, mine is the 12th.

Petra, I'm so jealous!!!

Jville-How many days, hours, minutes now??? Isn't it exciting? We are leaving on the 8th of August so that's only 21 sleeps. Woo hoo.

Well I'm contacting the hotel in Athens to request that they get their hands on a bag of limes, a thriving mint plant and a cocktail shaker for me (just in case something happens to the shaker on board). God forbid I have to use a jar with my hand over the top :eek:. I love Mojito's too.

Have a wonderfully happy birthday on the 12th. That's even more reason to celebrate extra hard on board.

See you soon :-))

Archived