Dining Times on Rhapsody

Finally! We have just booked our first ever cruise - on Rhapsody of the Seas in January Sydney to New zealand. Just wondering if anyone can give me advice on dining times. Early dining is already booked out(!) and we have been allocated late dining. We have teenage kids and an 11 year old and wondering if this is too late if we want to see the shows etc. have also read that early dining is not great if you want to be on deck when you pull out of port each night. Now I hear there might be My Time dining but not sure how this would work if we are booked on the late dining time.

SOmeone who knows it all please help!

Finally! We have just booked our first ever cruise - on Rhapsody of the Seas in January Sydney to New zealand. Just wondering if anyone can give me advice on dining times. Early dining is already booked out(!) and we have been allocated late dining. We have teenage kids and an 11 year old and wondering if this is too late if we want to see the shows etc. have also read that early dining is not great if you want to be on deck when you pull out of port each night. Now I hear there might be My Time dining but not sure how this would work if we are booked on the late dining time.

SOmeone who knows it all please help!

My Time Dining (MTD) is just like a resturant. You can make a reservation if you wish, or you can just show up and get seated. You do need to do pre-paid tips. I would suggest you do this if you want to be on deck to see sail away, but think late seating is too late for you.

We love MTD, and i personally feel this is the only way for me to cruise! I will never go back to traditional dining!

Oh ya Welcome to the boards! I hope you will find them just as great as many of use do! Welcome to the addiction of cruising, enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! I think MTD sounds ideal, and hope that as Jan is peak holiday time in this part of the world everyone else won't have the same idea. So can we just keep our booking as late dining time and turn up for MTD whenever we want or book on the day?

Thanks! I think MTD sounds ideal, and hope that as Jan is peak holiday time in this part of the world everyone else won't have the same idea. So can we just keep our booking as late dining time and turn up for MTD whenever we want or book on the day?

No you need to "sign up" for MTD. Call RCCL and let them know that is what you want. They will advise you that you must pre-pay tips. They will add the tips to your cruise balance, and you will be set.

• 3 weeks later...

If I am not happy to pre-pay tips ( I would really like to tip at the end according to the service we get) would they still allow us to book My Time Dining. We are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids and prepaying tips for 5 people is a huge expense that we just can't add on yet.

If I am not happy to pre-pay tips ( I would really like to tip at the end according to the service we get) would they still allow us to book My Time Dining. We are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids and prepaying tips for 5 people is a huge expense that we just can't add on yet.

No, if you choose My Time Dining you must prepay your gratuities. It includes your cabin steward and your dining staff. I really think your family would enjoy My Time Dining. Sign up closer to your cruise so you can plan having the money for that date.

If you keep late seating, don't worry about the start times for the entertainment, as they always have two shows for each dining seating.

Archived