Infinity run down?

ausbod

We are looking to book a South American cruise to Miami on Infinity next year but have read quite a few reviews that are quite uncomplimentary in respect of the interior standards and fittings within the public rooms and cabins. Can anyone who has cruised recently on this ship update us.

We normally book Princess but are keen try Celebrity Infinity.

I haven't been on the Infinity since 2004 but I thought it was a lovely ship then. That and the Millenium have been my favorite ships. I don't know what you are looking to know and it's been 4 years but if you want any more please let me know.

We were on Infinity in March 2009 and were very happy with our cruise. There is wear and tear associated with any public space used by nearly 2,000 people every week. We have booked Infinity again around the Horn back to Florida in Feb/March 2010.

Cruised on Infinity Jan 09 Buenos Aires to Valpariso. Not only a fantastic cruise, but ship was great. Please realize, I don't spend a lot of time inspecting rugs and so on. Balcony was in fine shape, as was the furniture and decor.

You'll LOVE the free Aqua/T-Spa. Our favorite on any class ship.

Denny

We were on Infinity in April/May this year for 15 days and thought ship was in good shape. As usual they were doing some work. The Thasslotheropy pool had only one set of jets working, but the passengers using the pool when we were there seemed to share the one set.

We have booked Infinity again for this coming January/February and if in the same condition as Apr/May will be happy. Do hope they fix the pool jets.

As a general comment, the condition of any ship depends on a few of factors:

1) Were you exposed to anything specific and that depends on what you did/where you spent time on cruise.

2) Was your cabin in good shape since that is where you spend a lot of time

3) Your prespective of 'in good condition'. Like the saying 'is the glass half full or half empty'. We tend to see things as half full, so that will temper our opinion.

4) Were there any other intervening events during cruise that either created a good or bad cruise. This can either help or hurt view of ship.

We were on the Infinity in May and thought it one of the loveliest ships we have been on. Having said that, the ship that is a few years old and therefore does show signs of age. The TVs aren't flat screened, there are a few spots on the curtains, some of the seat cushions in the lounges could use replacement but not enough of the norm to make a difference to me. I think after so many people go on and off any ship this is bound to happen. I wouldnt let those minor imperfections make a difference. I would sail the Infinity again any time.

Like all public facilities, ships age and need refurbishment, and X does this kind of thing on a regular basis just as McDonald owner/operators do for their restaurants. Cruise just after a drydock and things are very nice and you are very happy; cruise just before the drydock and you can tell why they are planning the refurbishment. But like any business, it is hard to shut down for any period and lose income. People who complain about normal wear and tear need to book new or nearly new ships and most likely not own cruiseline stock. Otherwise they would be thinking like the McD owner and trying gain income.

I agree totally there is bound to be wear and tear on older ships,we were on the Infinity Dec 08 it had just come out of dry dock, think that maybe it needed a little longer There was still a few rough edges and we had techinical difficulties had to stay in port in key west. But i have to say this was one of the nicest ships I have ever been on the staff were so friendly and helpful in every way. we sailed on the Solstice in March 09 it was a beautiful ship the staff and service were 2nd to none. The Infinity though had a charm of its own

I really like the Millenium class ship so much so I have book the summit for jan 2010.

I too read all the reviews regarding the Infinity's need to be refurbished, and have been quite concerned. My husband and I have booked our first cruise and it is on Infinity through the Panama Canal this November. Thanks for the reassurance.

Olde Gnome

We are just back from an Alaskan cruise on Infinity -- loved the ship. Thought it was clean, maintained and quite pretty.

be sure to do dinner at the United States...outstanding meal and a great dining experience.

We were on the Infinity in March, Buenos Aires to Valpariso. We are long time cruisers, many times on Celebrity. This was a last minute choice for us and I had trepidation about the Infinity. We wound up having one of the best cruises of our travels. She is in great shape. Were there minor flaws - certainly for a ship of her years. However, amply made up for by a very friendly, helpful staff and surprising good food. Go, have a great time and I am sure you will enjoy the itinerary. We enjoyed it so much, we are planning on doing it again.

I too read all the reviews regarding the Infinity's need to be refurbished, and have been quite concerned. My husband and I have booked our first cruise and it is on Infinity through the Panama Canal this November. Thanks for the reassurance.

Olde Gnome

Don't be concerned! We sailed on Infinity in May for 11 nights and had a wonderful time. My thought after reading the same complaints you may have seen was to wonder if their 8 year homes were in as good condition as Infinity is now. Beds were new and comfy, nice linens and bathroom amenities, food good and a wonderful crew.

We loved the size of the ship and would sail again in a heartbeat. This is less than 6 months after being on Solstice, which we also loved.

To all who responded, our thanks. We do appreciate that ships "age" over time as we are long time cruisers but were concerned that Celebrity's image might have "slipped". We are pleased to be reassured that they still are as good as their brochure and email images imply.

Archived