Dzul Ha and Palamar Estate Beach Club

Zeno

Just got back (Dec 18 2004) from NCL Western Caribbean cruise. On Cozumel we did our own thing.

At Punta Langosta, we grabbed a taxi to Dzul Ha ($10 one way with tip) and spent the day there snorkeling. I had a coupon (printed from http://www.cozumelinsider.com) for the Palamar Estate Beach Club (just across the road from Dzul Ha). The coupon entitled us to free admission and use of the facilities at the beach club (pool, showers, washrooms) and free chips and salsa with a beverage purchase. We rented fins and lockers from the beach club and also purchased some beverages and snacks. The facilities were very clean and the staff very helpful. The resident cat was adorable and friendly. Snorkeling at Dzul Ha was quite good. We had a great day and would recommend the Palamar Estate Beach Club.

Just got back (Dec 18 2004) from NCL Western Caribbean cruise. On Cozumel we did our own thing.

At Punta Langosta, we grabbed a taxi to Dzul Ha ($10 one way with tip) and spent the day there snorkeling. I had a coupon (printed from http://www.cozumelinsider.com) for the Palamar Estate Beach Club (just across the road from Dzul Ha). The coupon entitled us to free admission and use of the facilities at the beach club (pool, showers, washrooms) and

thanks for the report.. will be in coz on jan. 28 and was thinking of doing palamar.. we have some people that need to rent equipment..what was the cost??... and is there easy beach entrance for the snorkeling as we have some beginners with us.. thanks :)

Zeno or other Cozumel experts: I'll be stopping in Cozumel next week and am planning to head to Dzul Ha for a day of snorkeling. Trying to decide between Palamar Estate Beach Club and the Dzul Ha beach club. Did you happen to take a peek at the Dzul Ha club so you can offer a comparison and recommendation as to which one to go to? Is the Dzul Ha club more directly on the beach. Is there a good swimming pool in both places?

Star: We had our own masks and snorkels - so we only rented fins ($5 for each of us if memory serves me correctly). I think it was about $10 pp to rent snorkel, fins and mask. NOTE: they require a $20 pp deposit for snorkeling gear. Palamar is literally directly across the road from Dzul Ha. There are a couple of relatively easy entry points. We found the shore entry point opposite Palamar was the easiest for us. There is also an entry point just to the right of the beach bar at Dzul Ha and there are stairs at Dzul Ha (this did NOT look as easy as the other spots) and there is a boat ramp (but this was cordoned off when we were there). The staff at Palamar will point out some of the easy entry points to you. They are not hard to find. The staff are VERY helpful.

Jep: Dzul Ha beach club looked fine to us but did not have a pool. However they had more of a restaurant than Palamar (which really only serves beverages and snacks). Dzul Ha beach club is directly on the ocean but Palamar is so close (literally just steps away) that it really does not make a difference. Palamar has chairs directly on the ocean and around their pool. I am sure you would be happy at either one. If we went again I would probably use Palamar again but eat lunch at Dzul Ha beach club. They are only steps apart so you can check out both when you get there. Just ask the taxi driver for Dzul Ha.

Archived