Jewel of the Seas - What kind of dancing?

Hi all,

I know this question will sound rather silly to most of you, and there is no "one answer", but here it goes anyway: Can any of you who have been on the JOS recently comment on what type of dancing opportunities were available?

My wife and I are booked for a Panama itenerary on 11-30-09 and simply love dancing (foxtrot, cha-cha, rumba, swing, salsa, tango, waltz). We have been on a couple of dozen cruises before (about half RCL, half Celebrity) and I always fear that there will be no good dancing venues for the dancing we enjoy (no offence intended for the disco crowd :))

Any recent observations would be greatly appreciated!

We went on the JOS around Norway a couple of weeks ago and they had ball room dancing most nights in the Safari lounge. Dance floor is a reasonable size but can get crowded for the popular dances. The atrium had music most nights just before evening meal but that is very small.

Thanks for all the replies. We generally don't expect any formal dance or anything like that - just a place or two with a trio and at least some sort of dance floor (even if they are small).

Last time I was on RCCL was in '99 on the Explorer. Of course, that was before my better half had me indoctrinated in dancing, so I can't remember what was available then (except for the wonderful video arcade - my how times have changed).

It sounds as if I should not worry too much.

Thanks.

Archived