Canceling dining reservations

I'm thinking about reserving the wine dinner at Portifino. How much notice do we have to give them in case we decide not to do it? Or is that not even allowed?

Also, any opinions on the wine dinner? We'll be doing it on Explorer in August. It's our first cruise since the late 80s.

We reserved 2 nights at Portofinos on the ifrst night of our cruise. We later decided to only do one of those. The paper says you have to cancel within 24 hours or they charge you $10.00 PP we called in less than 24 but still the day before and they didn't charge us.

We have canceled the day of as well without being charged. I guess it just depends what type of mood the matre d' is in :) but we made the reservation when we got on board.

If you reserve online before your sailing, you have to pay for the cover fee in advance. If you cancel then, i am not sure if you would get your money back if you cancel less then 24 hours, that might be risky...

Just a tip for anyone if you do decide to cancel a pre-booked Portofino dinner. If you cancel before you board you will get a refund on your credit card - mine took 4 months :eek: If you cancel once you board you will get it as onboard credit so I would leave it until you board. Unless you've booked for the first night, you will be within the 24 hour cancellation policy.

Just a tip for anyone if you do decide to cancel a pre-booked Portofino dinner. If you cancel before you board you will get a refund on your credit card - mine took 4 months :eek: If you cancel once you board you will get it as onboard credit so I would leave it until you board. Unless you've booked for the first night, you will be within the 24 hour cancellation policy.

Thanks. Good advice.

Archived