Carnival Valor Vs. Legend

rrjoy11

I've been on both and had a great time. I prefer the bigger ships so I prefer the Valor. The big advantage to the Legend is that is sails out of Tampa which is the best port to sail from in Florida.

But if it is just about the ship itself then I would go with the Valor

I've been on both ships and they are pretty much about the same. Legend leaves from Tampa, and going under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge is interesting. Personally, I like the Valor over the Legend. Valor has recently been re-furbished and one of the good things was the installation of a huge movie screen on the upper deck. Some people don't like the Valor because a couple of decks are blocked by the restaurants, but that didn't bother me at all. Another good thing about Valor is Rosie's restaurant, the buffet style restaurant. We make it a point to go there for lunch most days.....they have a good deli in there and the fish n' chips place is one deck up by a stairway. That place is terrific if you like seafood. Also, I prefer leaving from Miami since I have a "disabled parking permit" and I can park at the pier with no charge for parking. :rolleyes: After having said all of this, I will say that no matter which ship you decide upon, you'll have a great cruise. Also, since this seems to be your first visit to Cruise Critic, welcome aboard. ;)

Valor is bigger but the only thing they did with all the extra space is add more cabins.

Legend has much better usage of space and actually feels larger because all the public decks don't end midship.

Archived