Entertainment on Celebrity?

shellman

Hi,

My apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know of a good resource to find out what entertainment (bands, performers, etc.) are booked on future Celebrity cruises? I'm on the Constellation November 22, 2009.

I realize that they sometimes don't have this finalized until much closer to the departure date, but I wouldn't even begin to know where to look for such information.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I don't believe there is any. Closer to the date, if you can get details from the same ship doing the same area, there is likely to be some overlap, but it is unlikely to be entirely the same there either. I haven't seen any resource for details further out.

You just have to speak to the right people at Celebrity and they can help you. I know where to go to get you the information you are looking for. They may not know now but closer to the date they can let you know.

So, who do we contact at Celebrity?

Come back here closer to your cruise date and ask someone that's just been on the ship. Generally production shows, a comedian or magician type show, singer etc. Won't be any "names" as such. X is not known for their entertainment. I find it...maybe adequate, at best.

Usually the performers do a contracted time on a ship and either rotate to another or they are finished for the season. Some performers catch the ships at a port, stay a night or two and get off at another port. Others stay the entire cruise. It all varies.

Just curious.... Why do you need to know?

Celebrity's entertainment usually includes three or four productions shows, depending upon the length of the cruise, a comedian, a circus type of performer, a a musician and a singer. Their singers are usually people who are past their prime.

Entertainment is one of Celebrity's weakest areas and is not as good as what you will find on other cruise lines. There was a time when I thought it was just typical of cruise line entertainment, but have since discovered that there are some cruise lines that have excellent entertainment.

Well, in spite of all the negative comments on the entertainment, and even though the entertainment onboard is VERY important to DH and me, I have booked the Equinox in November. Have never cruised Celebrity but am giving it a try. Hopefully, the Equinox will prove to have GREAT entertainment (wishful thinking??).:)

First time for me with Celebrity also. Going on Equinox on 12/4/09. I have sailed NCL, Princess an Royal Caribbean. Entertainment on all 3 were very good. I am hoping after reading the posted comments that the entertainment will be awesome.

First time for me with Celebrity also. Going on Equinox on 12/4/09. I have sailed NCL, Princess an Royal Caribbean. Entertainment on all 3 were very good. I am hoping after reading the posted comments that the entertainment will be awesome.

Have you been on NCL since they had the contract with "Chicago Second City" or Royal Caribbean when they had the group pretending to be ABBA?

Have you been on NCL since they had the contract with "Chicago Second City" or Royal Caribbean when they had the group pretending to be ABBA?

The answer for the NCL is no. I was on before they signed the contract.

Royal Caribbean - I did not see any Abba pretenders. Just some comedians, magicians, singers, actors and dancers. I like the real Abba though.

The answer for the NCL is no. I was on before they signed the contract.

Royal Caribbean - I did not see any Abba pretenders. Just some comedians, magicians, singers, actors and dancers. I like the real Abba though.

We saw the ABBA pretenders on our Brilliance of the Seas cruise from Barcelona to the Greek Isles/Turkey last year and they were so good a few people thought that they were the real ABBA.

We went to a Chicago Second City show on our NCL Dawn Cruise to Bermuda last month and it was excellent.

Well, in spite of all the negative comments on the entertainment, and even though the entertainment onboard is VERY important to DH and me, I have booked the Equinox in November. Have never cruised Celebrity but am giving it a try. Hopefully, the Equinox will prove to have GREAT entertainment (wishful thinking??).:)

What other cruise lines have you been on? That way I can give my opinion of how Celebrity's entertainment compares to it.

eandj - The reason I was asking was just out of curiosity. We have actually have a great time in the past (twice on the Summit and the once on the Constellation) dancing in the Rendezvous lounge to the band that was playing for the entire cruise. I can't remember the bands on the Summit. We got lucky with the Constellation (Carl William Quartet - outstanding with respect to ability, voice, and variety of dance music).

I was hoping if I could find out who the band(s) were I could perhaps get a pre-taste of their repertoire before heading out.

Don't really care much about the shows on any cruise line (I gave up on the shows when the Explorer of the Seas had the "dancing rasins" costumes on as part of a show back in 2000). Plus, my attention span is longer that 5 minutes, so I could never get into the "sing a few lines of a song" then wash, rinse, repeat for 12 other songs - just not my cup of tea as they say.

Thanks for everyone's feedback on my original question!

You can call Celebrity when it gets a bit closer to your sailing and they have the ability to look it up.. IF you get the right person. Carl is on Mille until September 18th and doesn't plan to be back on ship until after 1st of year.. and probably Millie again. He has a website... carlwilliam.com if you are interested. He will respond to your emails as well.

YES.. He is an awesome entertainer!

I am looking to see who the entertainment is on the Equinox sailing 12/4/09 so I guess I will have to wait until the time draws near and then I can know better if I call Celebrity.

I am pretty easy to please as long as it is not the Dancing Raisins.

Thanks

What other cruise lines have you been on? That way I can give my opinion of how Celebrity's entertainment compares to it.

Only Princess - over and over and over again. LOVE their dance bands!! Princess has three live bands playing every night, so it's easy to find one (or two) that you really enjoy. Maybe Celebrity will surprise me!!:D

Only Princess - over and over and over again. LOVE their dance bands!! Princess has three live bands playing every night, so it's easy to find one (or two) that you really enjoy. Maybe Celebrity will surprise me!!:D

Princess is one of the few cruise lines we have not tried yet, so I am not in a position to compare their entertainment with Celebrity.

Archived