Princess - Sapphire- BF cabin guarantee?

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank you all for such a great forum...

I have placed a cabin on 24 hours hold and she told me that I am guaranteed a Balcony BF category and that they will assign my cabin when I get on board?. I saw on the boat map and that there are 4 rooms located all the way towards the front of the boat B 106 -B 110- B 109 - B 115. Will I get one of these room? What is the probability of an upgrade if I do the booking 2 months in advance Sept 26 departure to Mexican Riviera. Thank you for your help!!

Diana

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank you all for such a great forum...

I have placed a cabin on 24 hours hold and she told me that I am guaranteed a Balcony BF category and that they will assign my cabin when I get on board?. I saw on the boat map and that there are 4 rooms located all the way towards the front of the boat B 106 -B 110- B 109 - B 115. Will I get one of these room? What is the probability of an upgrade if I do the booking 2 months in advance Sept 26 departure to Mexican Riviera.

Your cabin may be assigned anytime from when you book right up until you check in for the cruise. No way to tell when it may happen, but chances are that it will be weeks ahread of the cruise.

What cabin will be assigned (and if an upgrade occurs) will be based on what cabins Princess can sell and which remain unsold. If there is a big demand for BF, you are more likely to get a higher category. Or, you might just get what you reserved, a BF.

Since there are only 4 cabins in this category your chances are excellent of being moved to another category. Not really a true upgrade but at least your chances are very good of ending up in a much better location. I booked a BF category some time ago and ended up in a BB on the Caribe deck. To me, that was a true upgrade. Even though both categories are balcony cabins, the Caribe deck has the largest balconies and the location was great. Good luck! :p

We booked on a BF guarantee on Diamond and got a midship BA :D We booked about 6 months before the cruise and the cabin was assigned about 4 months prior to departure.

Yesterday we received our cabin assignment. We are booked on Emerald Princess in January 2010. We booked about a month ago. We had a balcony guarantee and ended up in a BA on Caribe deck. Caribe deck is our favorite deck because of the larger half-covered/half-uncovered balconies, so we are thrilled with the upgrade!

There doesn't appear to be much rhyme or reason to when they assign the cabins. Many people with a cabin guarantee don't know their cabin number until they arrive at the ship to board; others are assigned months in advance. Only Princess knows...

I changed my BD cabin to a minisuite guarantee the beginning of May. No cabin assignment yet for our 8/13/09 cruise. I won't have to wait much longer I'll know in 28 more days.

So now I only have 25 days until I find out my cabin assignment. I'm sure there are a number of people that will be cruising weeks before me that still havn't received their assignment. Come on who will be the person who is cruising in the least amount of days to go that still hasn't received an assignment? Are any of you sailing on the CB?

Just wondering if it's typical of the ship, itinerary, time of year or has the computer used to assign cabin randomly malfunctioned?

I'll know in 25 days -

Geri

Archived