Suites on IOTS

Hi

We are going on IOTS in October and we have booked a Grand Suite. Could someone please tell me what extras we will get. I have looked on the website but it either says "if available" or "on certain ships". We are really looking forward to going with RCL as we have previously only cruised with P&O.

You will really enjoy the Grand Suite. It is beautiful. The balcony is large with a table and 2 chairs and a lounge chair. (The grand suite balcony is actually larger than the Owners suite balcony.)

Shampoo, Conditioner, lotion, qtips, will be supplied in the bathroom.

The tub is nice and roomy and the double sink vanity is great, the bathroom is large with plenty of space and storage.

A coffee maker is in the room with seattle's best coffee, creamers, sugar etc supplied for you.

When you arrive their will be a fruit plate for you. Many times in the afternoon you will return to find chocolate covered strawberrries, or cheese and crackers etc. It is a nice touch.

Room service- Now their is a special menu just for suite guests, better food.

Vip lounge chair area. - this is new, their is an area roped off to the left or right of the pool bar which is exclusivley for suite guests. It was so nice to get a chair. This fills up fast too, especially on sea days, since it is only about 40 chairs for all the suites, but it was another nice touch.

The concierge lounge is great and all concierges have been excellent in my experience. continental breakfast each morning is offered here. It is great for something quick like pastry, bagel, fruit, and juices.

The coffee is excellent here, much better than the free stuff on the ship.

Also, in the concierge lounge cocktails are served between 5-8 pm. It is a nice chance to relax and meet others. This lounge used to be open to all diamond crown and anchor, but it is not anymore. Only suite guests.

Any other questions, please let me know and I will try to answer it for you. I just sailed explorer of the seas 2 weeks ago and stayed in a Grand Suite with my husband and 2 kids.

We have sailed in the Owners Suites 4 times and Grand Suites 3 times.

They are both really nice and we throughly enjoy them. We are booked in January 2010 in an Owners Suite and cant wait. We are also Diamond Crown and Anchor members mostly due the higher points you earn for staying in a suite. However you should since you pay alot more than a balcony cabin. :)

Enjoy!

Clairissa

Sorry if this is sloppy, but typing in a car is almost as bad as writing in a car. LOL.

Hello Clairissa

Thank you for the good information about Grand Suites.

My wife and me make a virgin cruise with RCL. Might be spoiled a bit, but it is good

to be spoiled.

Do they have field glasses and umbrellas in Grand Suites for disposal?

Holland have those. Always overweight problems.

Cruised Prinsendam,5* Westerdam4*, MSC Rhapsody-old fashioned 4*, Costa, Prinecess,

Monterry ( MSC) very old fashioned.

With kindest regards Rolf

You will really enjoy the Grand Suite. It is beautiful. The balcony is large with a table and 2 chairs and a lounge chair. (The grand suite balcony is actually larger than the Owners suite balcony.)

Shampoo, Conditioner, lotion, qtips, will be supplied in the bathroom.

The tub is nice and roomy and the double sink vanity is great, the bathroom is large with plenty of space and storage.

A coffee maker is in the room with seattle's best coffee, creamers, sugar etc supplied for you.

When you arrive their will be a fruit plate for you. Many times in the afternoon you will return to find chocolate covered strawberrries, or cheese and crackers etc. It is a nice touch.

Room service- Now their is a special menu just for suite guests, better food.

Vip lounge chair area. - this is new, their is an area roped off to the left or right of the pool bar which is exclusivley for suite guests. It was so nice to get a chair. This fills up fast too, especially on sea days, since it is only about 40 chairs for all the suites, but it was another nice touch.

The concierge lounge is great and all concierges have been excellent in my experience. continental breakfast each morning is offered here. It is great for something quick like pastry, bagel, fruit, and juices.

The coffee is excellent here, much better than the free stuff on the ship.

Also, in the concierge lounge cocktails are served between 5-8 pm. It is a nice chance to relax and meet others. This lounge used to be open to all diamond crown and anchor, but it is not anymore. Only suite guests.

Any other questions, please let me know and I will try to answer it for you. I just sailed explorer of the seas 2 weeks ago and stayed in a Grand Suite with my husband and 2 kids.

We have sailed in the Owners Suites 4 times and Grand Suites 3 times.

They are both really nice and we throughly enjoy them. We are booked in January 2010 in an Owners Suite and cant wait. We are also Diamond Crown and Anchor members mostly due the higher points you earn for staying in a suite. However you should since you pay alot more than a balcony cabin. :)

Enjoy!

Clairissa

Sorry if this is sloppy, but typing in a car is almost as bad as writing in a car. LOL.

Hi Clairissa

Thank you so much for your reply. We are really excited about the suite and going on Independence. We have never travelled with RCL before so it will all be a new experience. We have previously cruised with P&O and have suites on three of their cruises but you don't clock up any more points than you would if you had an inside cabin.

Karen

...Also, in the concierge lounge cocktails are served between 5-8 pm. It is a nice chance to relax and meet others. This lounge used to be open to all diamond crown and anchor, but it is not anymore. Only suite guests....

This is not correct. The Concierge lounge used to be open to Crown & Anchor Diamond / Diamond+ guests and suite guests and it still is at this time. It´s not open to Gold and Platinum C&A guests.

From Sept. 1st the Concierge Lounge will be open to Diamond+ and Suite guests, it´s not for suite guests only.

Archived