Neptune Lounge (Noordam) on Embarkation Day

bloofer

Does anyone know what time the Neptune Lounge (Noordam) opens on Embarkation day? Would a selection of light snacks be available? And can pax leave hand luggage there if suites are not ready?

Thanks.

No matter what time you board, the Neptune will be open. Not only that, but the concierge will have studied your check-in photo and greet you by name. There will be small sandwiches, veggies, fruits, cookies, small cakes - lots to choose from. Also coffee, tea, cranberry juice, water. And they will be happy to store your carry-ons. Enjoy your cruise, and this very special service.

we are usually among the early boarders and yes, Neptune is open, yes there are light canapes, cookies and water, iced tea, coffee, and yes, carry-ons can be left there till rooms open. (i don't know if this is official, but this is how it works for us!) You can get a meal in the lido or dining room, but not in the Neptune. We read newspapers, chat with whoever is there, drink iced tea and relax far from the madding crowd!

Neptune opens early in the morning for the Suite guests that are disembarking and remains open for those who are embarking. As soon as you board, no matter the time, you can go directly to Neptune Lounge and depending upon time will find nibbles.

Hello!

We were on the Noordam in Jan/Feb 2009 and I've posted pictures, lunch & dinner menus, room service menus, breakfast room service menu, excursion info, ship info, daily programs, dining room floor plan, spa prices, and some other things. I am not sure how many of these items will be the same for your cruise, but I thought I'd share them with you.

We were one of the first ones on the ship and we went straight to the Neptune Lounge. We met the concierges, grabbed a snack and went off to explore the ship. We left our carry-on luggage in the NL (Lovely attached a tag with our name and cabin number was attached). I think we came back around 1:15 and found that Dianne or Lovely from the NL had already taken the luggage to our cabin. You won't get to meet Lovely since she recently married, but Dianne may still be on the Noordam. Both were just amazing!

On my Webshots page I have a album of photos I took while we were in the Neptune Lounge.

On my Webshots page, once you're in an album, you can click a picture and then on the upper right side, there's an icon that says "full size." If you click that, the picture will get a lot bigger. This is especially helpful for the daily programs.

http://community.webshots.com/user/twinkletoes4343

Menus, general information ... etc.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18101476&posted=1#post18101476

Here's a thread I did while we were on the ship. This would probably only be of interest to you if you're going to be visiting Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, HMC, Grenada, or Martinique, since I talk mostly about our excursions, but I do post a little bit about things going on while we are on the ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=914051

We really enjoyed our time on the Noordam. Good food, a great crew and the ship was in wonderful condition.

Archived