Vancouver hotel and car rental

We arrive on May 4 on the Oosterdam and want to spend an extra day in Vancouver. Looking for a nice hotel for one night and an easy place to rent a car near the dock. I prefer Hertz, but am open. The hotel does not have to be in the downtown area since we will have a car.

Any ideas?

DaveOKC

• 2 weeks later...

Seattle Magazine did a thing a few years back with weekend getaways, and one of the places they mentioned was the Granville Island Hotel in Vancouver. I've never stayed there but it looks nice on the website. I've heard the Westin Vancouver is also nice. Don't know anything about car rentals, though, sorry!

• 3 weeks later...

I live here in Vancouver. What sort of hotel are you looking for? Do you want to be downtown? Where is your ship going to be docked? For ease, view etc you just can't beat either the Fairmont Waterfront or the Pan Pacific if you are leaving from Canada Place. They are both wonderful but a little pricey. If you are leaving from Ballentyne ...well, you don't want to stay close to there. In terms of a car. the easiest would be to pick up a car at either your hotel or at the Airport. It's pretty easy to drive to downtown from the airport but depending on the time of day, the traffic can be crazy. If you stay at the Bayshore Inn (just lovely), you would be a little out of the center of downtown but you would be on the waterfront , near Stanley Park. It is very beautiful and a great place to walk. All depends if you'd rather be walking the seawall or walking the shops. There are lots of wonderful hotels - all depends on where you want to be and what you want to do (and how many $$$ you want to spend).

Barb

• 2 months later...

Dave, we are spending one night pre-cruise at the Vancouver Sheraton Centre. It looks to be a beautiful 4 star Hotel with great views! We got it for $94 a night through Hotwire. Check out the pictures on Hotwires site, or look up this Hotel on-line. Also has gotten great reviews from people who stayed there.

Archived